Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Will not play FLAC made by FLAC Frontend from Audacity WAV (VLC+MM do) (Read 2761 times) previous topic - next topic

Will not play FLAC made by FLAC Frontend from Audacity WAV (VLC+MM do)

I have ripped a song from a vinyl using audacity 1.3.13 I then exported the project to Wav file and then encoded it to a flac using the program "flac frontened"
The flac file that i get, but also the original Wav file, can´t be played on Foobar2000. I don´t get any error, the player will just start playing the last played song.
The same flac and Wav files play perfectly on Mediamonkey and VLC.
I thought it might be the format so I tried recording it again changing from 24bit to 16bit but with no success.
Anybody had this problem already?

Reply #1
Why don't you convert the WAV to FLAC with foobar2000 using flac.exe?

Reply #2
If even the wav file can't be played back on foobar2000, no encoder (using foobar2000) will work, I guess.

Reply #3
Why don't you convert the WAV to FLAC with foobar2000 using flac.exe?
Tried it doesn´t work. I thought it was an encoding problem from audacity, but on their forum they told me they never experienced a problem like that and they think the bug is on Foobar.

Reply #4
audacity

I ripped about 100 LPs with "MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab MX". I can advise that programm very much. (Money required)
It's 1000 times better than audacity because of the cleaning and cutting features. But it's not so easy to use as the propaganda says. The first 3 ripped LPs are to throw away. But then: 1 LP in 1 hour!

Reply #5
It sounds to me like you are trying to play the files incorrectly. Just drag your FLAC file into playlist and double click it to play it. There's no way the player would not give error if something is wrong and it also never plays different file than asked.

Reply #6
It sounds to me like you are trying to play the files incorrectly. Just drag your FLAC file into playlist and double click it to play it. There's no way the player would not give error if something is wrong and it also never plays different file than asked.

I feel stupid now. It worked like that, but are you saying to me that I cannot play a file through file-open file if it hasn´t been added to the playlist first? Double click didn´t work either. The player didn´t open the file until I moved it to the specified monitored folder.

Reply #7
but are you saying to me that I cannot play a file through file-open file if it hasn´t been added to the playlist first?

File->Open from foobar2000's main menu adds a file to the current playlist. What exactly are you asking?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
It sounds like you're using an auto playlist. Those, by definition, cannot be modified manually.

Double clicking a file from outside the player will not do anything if the playlist you currently have selected is an autoplaylist, unless you have have activated the "Always send files to playlist:" option from the Shell Integration preferences and give it the name of a regular (not auto) playlist.