Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to rip pregap track with EAC? (Read 1795 times) previous topic - next topic

How to rip pregap track with EAC?

I have a CD with a known pregap track before track 1 that I'm trying to rip with EAC v1.5. I've done some searching on the forums and several answers, new and old, say to select track 1 and then go to Action Menu -> Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based. However I don't have this option - I can Copy Selected Tracks but then the only suboption is Compressed or Uncompressed.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I don't think it's a matter of specific EAC version as I've found identical forum answers from ten years ago and last year, though I suppose the Index-Based menu option could be context-based and related to either my EAC configuration or my CD drive abilities.

Re: How to rip pregap track with EAC?

Reply #1
EAC > EAC Options > Tools tab
Untick Activate beginner mode, disable all advanced features

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Options#Tools
    Activate beginner mode, disable all advanced features

(Default: disabled, Recommended: enabled, unless offset correction needs to be manually entered)

This option is not about whether you are a beginner; rather, it is about whether you have very unusual ripping needs.

When in beginner mode, EAC disables & hides the following "advanced" features:

In the Action menu:
        [...]
        Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based (Alt+X / Alt+Shift+X) [rip to separate files for each track index]
        [...]
korth

Re: How to rip pregap track with EAC?

Reply #2
Thanks korth! That was the problem, the pregap rip worked for me.