Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 341903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #1375
Currently get an error everytime I try to import a package stating "Corrupted package: can't find `package.json`"

I dont know if Im missing something ashmedly basic, or if something needs to be fixed.

Any help would be appreciated

Having the exact same issue with the QWR edition of the CaTRoX theme.

The Qwertiest's own instructions call for downloading the most recent iteration of the theme's release, and to extract the master zip, then drag subsequent zip package archives to the script package manager, at which point I receive the same error.
I have a "Packages" folder with "Control", "Menu", "Mini", "Seekbar" etc. which all have their own "package.json" files.

Honestly not sure what on earth I'm missing here?

Reply #1376
AllMusic review is broken

Reply #1377

AllMusic fetching was broken because they relaunched their website ( new website structure ).

You can try the latest Biography version from WilB, which has fixed this issue:
https://github.com/Wil-B/Biography/releases/tag/v1.4.2

-TT

Reply #1378
Back by unpopular demand is my ye olde sox spectrogram seekbar from the WSH panel mod days.

Hey Marc, thank you for developing this script!

I just made an account here because I can't solve my issue with it, my spectrogram is always black, maybe you can help me.

I followed all information online, installed everything correctly, set the right paths. I am not sure where the issue is.

I've attached screenshots below.

I hope you can help me.

Have a nice day :)

Best,
kiki

P.S. sorry for the formating, i haven't used a 2000's style forum board in a long time

MOD edit: replace missing /quote

Reply #1379
Back by unpopular demand is my ye olde sox spectrogram seekbar from the WSH panel mod days.

Hey Marc, thank you for developing this script!

I just made an account here because I can't solve my issue with it, my spectrogram is always black, maybe you can help me.

I followed all information online, installed everything correctly, set the right paths. I am not sure where the issue is.

I've attached screenshots below.

I hope you can help me.

Have a nice day :)

Best,
kiki

P.S. sorry for the formating, i haven't used a 2000's style forum board in a long time

MOD edit: replace missing /quote

I figured it out... By default "Only analyse tracks in library" was checked... Yeah, that's solved now.

Any tips on how to make the markings for the frequency cutoffs visible on the spectogram though? Looks all the same no matter if i analyse an mp3 192 or a lossless. Is it possible to have markings and not just the image? Like on the left image on the attached screenshot

Greets

Reply #1380

AllMusic fetching was broken because they relaunched their website ( new website structure ).

You can try the latest Biography version from WilB, which has fixed this issue:
https://github.com/Wil-B/Biography/releases/tag/v1.4.2

-TT

That fixed it.

Thanks

Reply #1381
Any tips on how to make the markings for the frequency cutoffs visible on the spectogram though? Looks all the same no matter if i analyse an mp3 192 or a lossless. Is it possible to have markings and not just the image? Like on the left image on the attached screenshot

I disabled it on purpose because enabled, it wouldn't be a functional seekbar. I wouldn't know where the position marker should start and end.

To change it, you'd have to refer to the SoX documentation and find the line in the script that executes sox command. It's been years and I have no interest in looking it up.

Reply #1382
Can anyone tell me how to refresh/repaint this type of function? I have fonts changing colors in some areas but because this is outside 'gr' it won't change unless I manually refresh, like minimize/maximize.

This is from jsplaylist topbar.js

Code: [Select]
	this.setButtons = function () {

var color_txt = g_color_normal_txt;
var color_bg = g_color_normal_bg;
var bt_w = zoom(18, g_dpi);
var bt_h = zoom(18, g_dpi);

// normal close Image
this.close_off = gdi.CreateImage(bt_w, bt_h);
var gb = this.close_off.GetGraphics();
gb.SetSmoothingMode(2);
gb.SetTextRenderingHint(4);
gb.DrawString(String.fromCharCode(209), gdi_font(g_font_wd2.Name, g_font_wd2.Size - g_z6, 0), blendColors(color_bg, color_txt, 0.75), 0, 0, bt_w, bt_h, cc_stringformat);
gb.SetSmoothingMode(0);
this.close_off.ReleaseGraphics(gb);

// hover close Image
this.close_ov = gdi.CreateImage(bt_w, bt_h);
var gb = this.close_ov.GetGraphics();
gb.SetSmoothingMode(2);
gb.SetTextRenderingHint(4);
gb.DrawString(String.fromCharCode(209), gdi_font(g_font_wd2.Name, g_font_wd2.Size - g_z2, 0), color_txt, 0, 0, bt_w, bt_h, cc_stringformat);
gb.SetSmoothingMode(0);
this.close_ov.ReleaseGraphics(gb);

this.button = new button(this.close_off, this.close_ov, this.close_ov);
};

Reply #1383
I figured it out. I had to put p.topBar.setButtons() in on_notify_data

Reply #1384
I think you are looking for this:
https://theqwertiest.github.io/foo_spider_monkey_panel/docs/script_showcase/single_panel_scripts/#track-properties

Thank you for your attention, Regor.
In fact, I had already taken a look at this Properties Panel, but it doesn't allow me to choose just a few items I would like to use. Normally I "simulate" a LED display in the Foobar skin using the "Item Details" component, available in ColumnsUI, where I can put the artist, the album (with the year), the number and the name of the song and also the playback time of the running track. I choose a nice font, a background color that deceives like a display and it suits me. The problem is that this component is annoying to handle because if you change its background color in a skin, it automatically changes in all skins, it is not independent, then every time I want to use a skin that I made a long time ago, it appears there with the wrong colors.
Whenever I find a problem similar to this in a component, I solve it by changing it to a similar Panel from Spider Monkey, which is spectacular, I love Spider Monkey, but I have many limitations to work with it because I am a layman in Javascript. And I didn't find a single panel where I could choose attributes to show just some basic track information to my liking.

I'm the exact same situation. I just want an SMP script that works exactly like Item Details, with a code that intuitevely allows one to change what tags appear. Specifically:
Track title
Artist
Album (year)
Time elapsed/track length

Item Details has two problems for me: you can't customize it differently for every layout (I want a white mode and night mode layout), and you also can't do advanced text formatting with it

Reply #1385
You can use $rgb / $set_font with item details. Not sure what else you can mean by advanced text formatting,

Anyway, I'm going to pimp my alternative component. It's 32bit/64bit and works the same in Default UI and Columns UI. It has many more feature than any competitor. It can display album art, blurred backgrounds, colour emoji, supports exclusive title format fields not available in any other component...

https://jscript-panel.github.io/gallery/text-display/

Docs/requirements: https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/

Extra docs for $rgb / $font: https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/guides/font-rgb/

If you want day/night mode, you'd have to write you own javascript for that.

Reply #1386
Just for reference, a similar thing is technically possible on SMP. There is no font for flags though, nor emojis. Which personally I don't care.

X

Spent the morning hacking the JSP display script and creating from scratch the layout code to parse RGB and font functions and apply them when needed:
X

$font(Segoe UI,24,1)$rgb(200,50,50)
'(ෆ˙ᵕ˙ෆ)♥'$crlf()
$font(Segoe UI,24,1)$rgb(200,50,50)
[%title%$crlf()]
$font(Segoe UI,18)$rgb(200,200,50)
[%artist%$crlf()]
$font(Segoe UI,14)$rgb(0,0,0)
[%album% '('%date%')'$crlf()]
$font(Segoe UI,10)
[%__bitrate% kbps %codec% [%codec_profile% ][%__tool% ][%__tagtype%]]

The panel background is the same code of all my scripts which allows blur, transparencies, multiple gradient options, etc.

Reply #1388
And wrapping font/rgb over multiple lines? Text alignment?

Reply #1389
xd not a competition, but all that seems possible with the current framework. This bit calculates the height along multiple lines with wrapping.
https://theqwertiest.github.io/foo_spider_monkey_panel/assets/generated_files/docs/html/GdiGraphics-MeasureStringInfo.html
And alignment is just a matter of setting the flags.

Anyway it's a pain to re-create the layout functions manually, so I will probably stick to something a bit simpler in terms of formatting.

Personally I have better things to do than this thing xd it was just a matter of showing it can be done and people is just lazy or have not tried to edit the current scripts to their needs. And in such case, just use marc's JSP script which is complete.

Reply #1390
Thanks guys, this is what I was looking.

Reply #1391
Spent some time today and here it is with wrapping in any alignment, mixing colors in same lines, etc. while it changes every second during playback.
X
X

Reply #1392
@regor : Very nice. Could you share the script? :)

Reply #1393
When it's done. Don't want to have tons of bug reports for a wip thing.

Currently addding support for all playlist-only fields, playlist name (both the JSP version and mine from dynamic queries) and extra functions.
Also a switchable scrollbar, maybe clickable links at some points, not sure.

Reply #1394
#PLAYLIST#$crlf()
$jsp3_since(%last_played%)$crlf()
$font(Segoe UI,24,700)
[%title%$crlf()]
$font(Segoe UI,18)
[%artist%$crlf()]
$font(Segoe UI,14)
[%album% '('%date%')'$crlf()]
$font(Segoe UI,10)
[%__bitrate% kbps %codec% [%codec_profile% ][%__tool% ][%__tagtype%]]

X

Showing support for $jsp3_since(%DATE_TAG%), %jsp3_playlist_name%, #PLAYLIST#, etc.

Reply #1395
Using the jsp3_ prefix is strange. It was meant to uniquely identify fields/functions unique to my component. Copying the functionality is fine but give them a different name starting with smp, xxx or something else.

Reply #1396
Using the jsp3_ prefix is strange. It was meant to uniquely identify fields/functions unique to my component. Copying the functionality is fine but give them a different name starting with smp, xxx or something else.
Why? I simply want to support anything people can put on your panel (or my other scripts), so people don't have to "learn" different code for different scripts, and they would work as is on any theme out there. I see them like tag names.
I don't really care about the names though; I mean if you really want me to change it, fine; but I don't really see a compelling reason to not support already existing names.