Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burn A Cd From The Audio From A Dvd (Read 3966 times) previous topic - next topic

Burn A Cd From The Audio From A Dvd

hello,

I am new and i am looking for a simple way to burn a cd with  the audio of a concert dvd of my favorite artist.

if you have a website to go or even a link to a guide, please let me know,
I tried with vob2audio but it did not work well(may be I was wrong with the settings)

thanks in advance

Reply #1
1)  download Smartripper.  In the after oopening smartripper, go to setup and choose to split by chapter (this way each song is ripped as it's own vob)

2) download BeSweet and the BeSweet frontend. Make sure you also download VobInput.dll and place it in the BeSweet folder.

3) select the option you want in Besweet.  You can convert to most formats you want, but my suggestion is to go to .wav and then back up the files.  Then you can convert to whatever you want.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #2
thanks to you dreamliner77!

I am going to work on this!

B)

Reply #3
no prob, I just learned how to do that about 2 weeks ago thanks to everyone this board
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #4
I am also interested in doing this. How much room is required for the operation you've explained above?
Just an estimate on a per-second or per-minute basis would be good. I have a limited amount of space on my current hard drive.

An issue on cabling/connection quality then. Dual-RCA -> stereo 3.5 phono jack from the DVD player (probably using front right and front left outputs) to the line-in on my soundBlaster Live! Value. Would that be good enough to keep good quality?

hmmm... will the sound quality be different using the above method compared to having an internal DVD player in my PC?

Reply #5
An even "easier" (at least more space efficient) method would involve selecting "stream processing" on smart ripper, and demuxing the AC3 (or PCM) audio tracks to seperate files.  Thus, the only space consideration, would be to fit all the uncompressed wavs on the hard disk, plus the temporary space taken up by the .ac3 files.  BeSweet should handle the ac3 audio out-of-the-box.

Oh, and if hard drive space is an issue, be sure to check the smartripper option "ignore low disk space".  That should do the trick.

The resulting audio will be as close as possible to "bit-perfect" this way, which is a lot cleaner (and quicker) than routing the line in off a DVD player.

-CTB
-CTB

Reply #6
hey Wimpy,

to summarize - I am really new here - :
1. launch smart and extract audio ac3 files (no Lpcm, no video, no others)
thanks to 'enable streamline processing'
2. then use Besweet to go to .wav (stereo default)

am I right ?

thanks again
not that easy for an absolute beginner

Reply #7
1. launch smart and extract audio ac3 files (no Lpcm, no video, no others)

Just want to clarify something - if the DVD has pcm audio available, you should probably go with that instead of AC3, to avoid the decoding step.

Reply #8
This thread deals with almost this same question.
Be aware that AC3 is native 48kHz, where CDaudio is 44.1 kHz.
Besweet has ssrc built-in to do  high-quality downsampling.