Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eac Tag Structure And Other Questions (Read 6344 times) previous topic - next topic

Eac Tag Structure And Other Questions

Most of the time I use MJ for my ripping needs. It works for me.  Anyway, I have several brand new discs' that cannot be ripped by MJ, and EAC manages to get them after a long drawn out battle. With, what I believe, are poorly pressed or burned cds. I don't know, or care, as long as I can rip them. And EAC does manage this.

Now to the meat of the problem. I think I have the tagging structure set up pretty close to how MJ is now. However, the files are ripped into one folder:Artist. Is there a way for EAC to also add an Album folder to the Artist folder that the files can be inserted into? This I can correct with MJ, but would just as soon have it done on the initial rip. Any thoughts would be welcome here. I just do not use EAC enough to have figured this out.

Next question(s). I have searched for explanations on some of the settings in EAC here and elsewhere.

Things I did not find a whole lot of answers to are:

> Copy Selected Tracks Index Based. <

> Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet. <

Without much experience on the above, this seemed the most obvious place to ask. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Reply #1
Is there a way for EAC to also add an Album folder to the Artist folder that the files can be inserted into?

You can use \ to create subdirs. Change you naming scheme to something like this:
Code: [Select]
%A\%C (%Y)\%N. %T

Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet

This will rip to one big .wav. The .cue has all the individual track positions, gaps and such. If you want a 100% copy this is the method to use.
Useful Winamp-plugin: mp3cue

Copy Selected Tracks Index Based

For some CDs the tracks is divided into several indexes. Usually the music for a track start at index 01.

For example, "Jean-Michel Jarre - Rendez-Vous" track 2 has 4 indexes. From the .cue file:
Code: [Select]
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Second Rendez-vous"
   PERFORMER "Jean Michel Jarre"
   INDEX 01 02:54:17
   INDEX 02 05:53:57
   INDEX 03 08:47:32
   INDEX 04 11:25:05

By using this extraction-method, EAC will create 4 files for this track: 02.01 title.wav, 02.02 title.wav, 02.03 title.wav and 02.04 title.wav.

Hope this make some sense!

Reply #2
Yes, this helps much. Thanks!

Reply #3
The tag naming scheme you suggested still wasn't quite what I was looking for. But it at least gave me the idea of how to do it, and this is what I came up with...

%D\%C\%T %N %Y

This creates a folder for the artist, as well as the album where the tracks for the latter reside. Thanks again for the hint, " \ ", on creating directories.