Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FAAC stuff compiled in VS.NET? (Read 3585 times) previous topic - next topic

FAAC stuff compiled in VS.NET?

Do you think the VS.NET C++ compiler produces better code than the VS6 one?

I did compile FAAC, IN_MP4 and IN_FAAD from Jan 25. It's Win32 code. If anyone interested tell me where to put it, so that Dolby can't fux0r me.

Reply #1
You should compare which one is faster decoding and encoding AAC.

If VS.NET version is faster, I would really appreciate to host the binaries at my page, if you don't mind. (Btw: all files there are compiled with VC6, in case you want to do comparisions)

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #2
Dunno, on first thought I'd say the VS.NET compiler would spit out better code. Prob now is how to test VS6 vs VS.NET/VS7.

Reply #3
Just use a chronometer. 

See how much time each build of FAAD takes to convert AAC -> WAV
And how much time each FAAC takes to  convert WAV -> AAC

A track of 5 minutes should be enough to notice any remarkable velocity increase.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #4
Gonna test now.

Using that song "Fatboy Slim - Everybody needs a 303", it uses lotsa synthies, I think FAAC has lots to do. Also I'm using that cmdline:

faac -m 4 -o LTP -t -b 128000 303.wav 303.aac

Gonna reedit the post on results.

Reply #5
Anyone that doesn't download the 21 MB worth of runtime files won't be able to run it.