Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shortcuts & title formatting (Read 4315 times) previous topic - next topic

Shortcuts & title formatting

1. Can seeking be added to assigned shortcuts/actions ?

Whem foobar is minimized and i activate the main window through a global hotkey, the seek/cursor keys don't work. Other assigned shortcuts do. A configurable global hotkey for seeking would be perfect.

2. Is there some more documentation about the title formatting syntax ?
Don't know if it's already an excisting format or something completely new.

I made the playlist look like this for normal albums:
[ artist - album ] track - title

But it's a total mess with various artist albums, so i would like to make those look like this:
[ album ] track - artist / title

Reply #1
There's a 'help' button to the top right of the display settings.. : )

Well, I use a custom tag to distinguish various artist albums, I use "VARIOUS=1", with something like "$if(%various%,VariousTitleString,NormalString)"

I think you might want to start from these:

VariousTitleString == '[' %album% ']' $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %artist% / %title%

NormalString == '[' %artist% - %album% ']' $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

You'll have to tweak these a lot to catch all possible situations though.. (To get clean titles all the time.)

edit: undocumented features: use two singe quotes to get one single quote character, use $if2(%TAG1%,%TAG2%) to display either TAG1 or TAG2.

Reply #2
There's a 'help' button to the top right of the display settings.. : )

No, really ! 

Well, I use a custom tag to distinguish various artist albums, I use "VARIOUS=1", with something like "$if(%various%,VariousTitleString,NormalString)"

Of course thats it. I can just create a custom tag, as simple as that.

Thanks for the tip and the rest of the info, i'll go and play now.

Reply #3
seeking assigned to shortcuts is already on todo list; better mechanisms for seeking are badly needed first.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #4
seeking assigned to shortcuts is already on todo list; better mechanisms for seeking are badly needed first.

OK, good to know. I'll wait for things to come.

Reply #5
You'll have to tweak these a lot to catch all possible situations though.. (To get clean titles all the time.)

Ok, with your help i (think i) made a good string for the playlist, it's huge though.

$if($if(%various%,['['%album%']'] [$num($if(%track%,%track%,%tracknumber%),2 ) - ][%artist% /][ %title%],['['%artist% - %album%']'] [$num($if(%track%,%track%,%tracknumber%),2 ) - ][%title%]),$if(%various%,['['%album%']'] [$num($if(%track%,%track%,%tracknumber%),2 ) - ][%artist% /][ %title%],['['%artist% - %album%']'] [$num($if(%track%,%track%,%tracknumber%),2 ) - ][%title%]),%filename%)

It works like this now:

If i have a various artist album i make a custom tag like you mentioned, VARIOUS=1.

-If it finds the custom tag it displays: [album] track - artist / title
-If it does not find the custom tag it displays: [artist - album] track - title
-If it does not find any tag it displays: filename

Now i'm of to look at tag (by Case) itself, to mass create the custom tag on various artist albums.

Reply #6
 Wow, that's a large string.  Here's mine, which does something very similar:

$if(%various%,[%album% ['['%discnumber%']' ]- ][$num($if2(%tracknumber%,%track%), 2) - ][%artist% - ],[%artist% - ][%album% ['['%discnumber%']' ]- ][$num($if2(%tracknumber%,%track%), 2) - ])$if2(%title%,%filename%)

Mine displays:
Artist - Album [n of m] - Track - Title
or
Album [n of m] - Track - Artist - Title (if %various% exists)
or
Filename (if no tags exist)

I don't do an $if around the whole statement, because if it doesn't have at least a title, nothing else is going to be there. 

Reply #7
Wow, that's a large string.  Here's mine, which does something very similar:

Oh, now i see how to use the $if2. You're right, it can be much simpler.

Based on yours i now got:

$if(%various%,['['%album%']' ][$num($if2(%tracknumber%,%track%),2 ) - ][%artist% / ],['['%artist% - ][%album%']' ][$num($if2(%tracknumber%,%track%),2 ) - ])$if2(%title%,%filename%)

Which does the exact same thing as my large string.

Man, i feel like studying for a math exam.