Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726291 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #375
Hmm dunno, I've got a copy of foo_winamp_spam v0.98 and the predefined pattern was complete "[%playlist_number%. ][%artist% - ]%title% - Winamp". But whatever, I'll just change the default format to something similar in the next version. Thanks for pointing out this incompatibility.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #376
A small maintenance release.

Shpeck v0.3.2
(outdated links removed)

Changelog:
  • Fixed: Improved compatibility of fake Winamp window title - songs with a dot in artist/title name.
    (Note: What was changed is the default title formatting string for currently playing track. If you are upgrading from previous version of Shpeck, you ought to set it to "[font= "Courier New"]%tracknumber%. [%artist%' - ']%title%[/font]" manually in the Preferences.)
  • Fixed: Only DLL files matching pattern "vis_*.dll" are searched during plugin scan.
  • Startup nag message about multiple detected Winamps now appears only in console.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #377
Hi Yirkha,

I really love your component and it works quite fine for most of my visualizations, but sadly some of my custom visualizations for winamp are not sensitive enough for foobar (in winamp they work just fine) and thus have hardly any effect in foobar. I would love to see a configuration for this in your component (Maybe a simple virtual dB boost?). I can't make the music louder because then it would have heavy clipping.

Hope to see this in a future version!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #378
Could you please give me a specific example so that I can see the difference?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #379
Ok, my specific problem is:

This plugin works as a winamp visualizer. As you see the LEDs really dance like mad. When using winamp I have the same results like in the video.

When using foobar (with your component) it hardly does anything. After I changed my equalizer to everything +20dB the LEDs danced again =).... but the music was crap =(. Therefore I need an option to make the visualizers more sensitive or the input for the visualizers stronger.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #380
I compared the output with Winamp and spectrum data had really about 12 times smaller amplitude. Nobody probably noticed because the most popular plugins like MilkDrop don't use this at all.

Please try again with v0.3.3 beta 1: (obsolete link removed)
(Rename and replace the current DLL with this one.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #381
Better... much better. I cannot see any difference between winamp an foobar any more =)

Good work, take a cookie from me.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #382
OK. Keep your cookies for someone who cares.

Shpeck v0.3.3
(outdated links removed)

Changelog:
  • Fixed: Small power of spectrum data.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #383
Working great for me so far, thanks!

Any chance we could get an option to override the set location for visualization plugins? (i.e set the directory to foobar\visualizations), and not have to have a winamp.exe or a plugins subfolder?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #384
You can enter various custom paths by shift-clicking on the browsing [...] button. For example, "." to use current (foobar2000's) directory. It doesn't care about winamp.exe presence too (that's there just that ordinary people know what folder to select, it can be zero-sized anyway).

The subfolder "Plugins" will never go away though, I need the base directory to report it and also use it to construct other paths. Feel free to hexedit the relevant strings in the DLL or whatever if you care, I don't.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #386
Shpeck v0.3.4
(obsolete links removed)

Changelog:
  • Fixed: Crash when managing Shpeck's Columns UI panel.
  • Added some call tracking code for easier crash report classification.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #387
Thank you for keeping this vital component alive.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #389
Shpeck v0.3.4

Yirkha,

thanks to Shpeck I was capable of using my beloved "Homeboy Analog VU". Unfortunately the name of its dll is "analogvu.dll" and since Shpeck only searches for vis_*.dlls it is no longer found.

Is there any chance of an opt-in solution for an extended search so that it will be found again? At the moment I use Shpeck v0.3.1 to solve this.

I have some more plugins which names do not begin with vis_, but if I should be the only one asking for that please ignore my post.

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #390
Bah, I thought it was a standard for naming of the visualisation plugins.

Well, rename the file to vis_analogvu.dll or something? That can't hurt.

Also I've found some versions of "Homeboy Analog VU", but they all had names like "vis_vu.dll" or "vis_vu_145-9x.dll" or "vis_vudigi145beta.dll", never just "analogvu.dll" - where did you get it like that?

And the other ones are?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #391
Well, rename the file to vis_analogvu.dll or something? That can't hurt.

Also I've found some versions of "Homeboy Analog VU", but they all had names like "vis_vu.dll" or "vis_vu_145-9x.dll" or "vis_vudigi145beta.dll", never just "analogvu.dll" - where did you get it like that?

And the other ones are?

Yirkha,

I have renamed "analogvu.dll" to "vis_analogvu.dll" as you have suggested and now Shpeck v0.3.4 finds it and it functions well, great!

The analogvu.dll is "Homeboy Groovy Analog VU's 1.1" from 1997 - you see, I really don't want to miss it although its successors you have mentioned (and which I have too) might be better somehow.

"And the other ones?" Do not exist. For testing purposes I had renamed all vis_*.dlls a few days before updating your component and then forgotten to undo this.  

Sorry for my mistake and thank you for your help and interest.

Robertina

Homeboy Software Groovy Analog VU's 1.1
================================

This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #392
The analogvu.dll is "Homeboy Groovy Analog VU's 1.1" from 1997 - you see, I really don't want to miss it although its successors you have mentioned (and which I have too) might be better somehow.
Aha, the 1997 probably explains it... Maybe the vis_ prefix wasn't used back then.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #393
Hi and thanks for this great plug-in. I've been using it for a while now.
Just a small problem though, foobar remembers the position of the cursor in playlist after a restart but when I use shpeck as UI Element and select anything other than [none/any] for "AutoStart Plugin" the cursor position gets cleared after restart. hope to see this fixed in future releases. thanks again

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #394
Hello everybody,

First of all, this plugin ROCKS.

However, some issues (maybe even not shpeck-related)

This version of Homeboy VU meter
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Analog-VU/1046804803/1
(which apparently is latest available)

does NOT work with the analog controls as shown on the brilliant screenshot.
Only the lower part is visible, the upper part is not. ( = no needles at all, height is halved)
I've tried clicking everywhere because I thought I had disabled the upper part somehow.

But no...
current solution is to live with the ancient 1998 version of the plugin.

Poking around a little revealed the vis_vu_145_9x.dll (892.928 bytes in size) as the (probably incompatible) culprit.
I moved it out of the way and everything worked as before
So it's appearently this dll which is responsible for controlling the analog stuff (needles etc.)

Well, the version on betanews could even an actual v1.40 DLL with the version number pushed to 1.45 in the filename only, because when peeking into the file properties, it actually revealed it to be v1.4.0.1, not 1.4.5 build 009 as stated in the enclosed readme file.

All of this looked pretty dubious to me ...
Kudos to all dev's not going like "Upgrade OS or f$%# off!"

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #395
Just a small problem though, foobar remembers the position of the cursor in playlist after a restart but when I use shpeck as UI Element and select anything other than [none/any] for "AutoStart Plugin" the cursor position gets cleared after restart.
Which plugin specifically? (All, I know, but I want to test it with something which 100% shows this behaviour.) Also what's the state of "Playback Follows Cursor" and "Cursor Follows Playback"?

does NOT work with the analog controls as shown on the brilliant screenshot.
Only the lower part is visible, the upper part is not. ( = no needles at all, height is halved)
No, it's not just hidden, it's a completely different plugin. The one with analog VU meters doesn't even load and show in the list - there is an error message in the console: "vis_vu_145-9x.dll - incompatible version, plugin rejected."
There was already one such example reported, I think. Oh well, I might just remove the version check in the next version, Winamp itself probably doesn't care either.
(If you desperately need this plugin right now, use your favourite hex editor to change the byte at vis_vu_145-9x.dll:0x00010A90 from 0x40 to 0x01.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #396
I'm using a Windows Vista machine with a Core 2 Duo processor, so I think I have hardware and software based DEP. Shpeck also crashes when I launch milkdrop. Based on your first post, I'm assuming that the data execution prevention is killing milkdrop. Did I misdiagnose, or is there a workaround for the crash??

Thanks.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #397
Yes.
Solutions:
1/ Don't use MilkDrop v1.
2/ Disable DEP for foobar2000.exe process.
3/ Use my hackfixed MilkDrop 1.04 DLL (in this archive).

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #398
First off... Thanks for this great component.
Works realy great.

But (there allways is a "but" isnt there?) two minor annoyances I came across:

I have put shpeck in a tab-element like this
[a href="http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs839&d=09203&f=shpeck-prob982.jpg" target="_blank"]
Anyway... It doesnt show up in the plugin-list of shpeck and produces the following error in the console:
"\winamp\Plugins\vis_lhd.dll - could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies)."
One thing I tried was to put the NSCRT.DLL in the foobar-folder (and some other places) but that didnt show any effect.
Any other ideas what I could try?

Oh... nearly forgott: I am using foobar v0.9.6.5 with the DUI and shpeck 0.3.4

EDIT: thumbnail link instead of the full image .

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #399
Is it just me or does Shpeck + AVS eats more cpu when used in CUI than in DUI?

I've tried it on both cui and dui using nullsoft avs (same avs settings and preset);
In dui there seems to be a "frame limiter" active in shpeck + avs, most of the presets are stuck at ~60fps, despite having the "higher framerate" setting in avs cranked all that way to the left (therefore consuming very little cpu)

In cui there seems to be no "frame limiter" and the visualization presets go all the way to ~150fps, cosuming 100% cpu (on one core)