Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is Virtual DJ a good audio player/best settings/does it degrade audio? (Read 1484 times) previous topic - next topic

Is Virtual DJ a good audio player/best settings/does it degrade audio?

Hi, i am using virtual dj for years (even back in the days when was dubbed Atomix). I was wondering how this software performs as an audio player. Keep in mind that i don't mind the heavy footprint of the program and i make sure to disable unwanted features like auto eq and such. I also because i have an x-fi xtremegamer i use the creative asio driver in 44.1 khz and i set the creative drivers to audio creation mode. I guess these are the "optimal" settings, no?

I like so much the interface and how it displays my collection that i can't find an alternative, maybe foobar2000 only after heavy modding which i am a little lazy to do and experiment with all the settings and plugins.

So yeah, as i said i am wondering if this program degrades audio in any way, mainly because it's not a pure audio player but a dj mixing program. I have this concern also because i rarely hear someone to use this program just for listening to music, and i get a weird look when i load vdj just to play music if someone's is around