Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: changing the behaviour of [code] [/code] (Read 5526 times) previous topic - next topic

changing the behaviour of [code] [/code]

In the foobar section, with the long error log posts.
So when the use of code /code goes over a certain amount of lines it turns into codebox /codebox automatically?
Or could there be an error log button which uses codebox /codebox added to the code buttons part when posting a reply/new topic.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #1
If the automatic change is achievable that sounds like a very good idea.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
i really thought that there would be more support for this idea, espeically from the forum mod's.
e.g.
moderation: please use codebox instead of code tags for crash logs
How does a poster know to use codebox instead of code for error logs?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
That's a very good idea. Or just tweak the CSS so code looks like codebox (maybe increase height a tad). There's not many reasons I can think of why someone should use code instead of codebox for a long piece of code.

Reply #4
I would like to re-heat this topic, as the issue is not yet solved. We still get the same "Use CODEBOX instead of CODE" moderator edits day by day. Hell, you can't even see an icon to use CODEBOX in the post editor.

It would be very nice to at least have an icon for it, so people are aware that it exists, and can use it easily without BB Code. Of course you can find it in the BB Code help, but why would you start searching the first place?

Please, someone responsible for the forums share your thoughts on this

Thx
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #5
I would be very happy if regular CODE will stay available (perhaps as an option rather than default). Some information is better seen as a whole without having to scroll around.

Reply #6
I'm sorry but I think that this topic needs a serious BUMP!

Is this impossible to fix/change?