Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI Extension preferences page inside Columns UI branch (Read 3757 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI Extension preferences page inside Columns UI branch

I would like to place my Columns UI extension's preferences page inside 'Columns UI' branch - so it would show just under 'Colours and Fonts', 'Playlist switcher' and 'Playlist view'.

I think that it would be clearer for users to include all Columns-UI-only extensions here.

That is not possible for the moment, or I couldn't find GUID for it. musicmusic, do you plan to include it in CUI SDK?

Reply #1
I personally think it would be clearer to create a new branch called "Columns UI Extensions" to make it clear - especially for inexperienced users - which preferences pages belong to Columns UI itself and which belong to a separate component.

Reply #2
Yes, do not put it directly under Columns UI.

Maybe under an "Extensions" subbranch of the Columns UI branch, but then subbranches become a bit deep. So maybe a new branch alongside "Columns UI", but still need to pick a name, could be "Columns UI Extensions" as foosion suggested, or "Panels", or ...

So what do you think? Once we are agreed I can set up some GUIDs...

Reply #3
I think "Columns UI Extensions" would be fine - as branches are sorted by name, it would appear just below "Columns UI" branch.

Reply #4
OK well here is a GUID. Declare the branch yourself as well as below.

Code: [Select]
// {74FD83FD-6927-43c6-B673-01272CD8A54E}
static const GUID g_guid_columns_ui_extensions_branch =
{ 0x74fd83fd, 0x6927, 0x43c6, { 0xb6, 0x73, 0x1, 0x27, 0x2c, 0xd8, 0xa5, 0x4e } };

namespace {
preferences_branch_factory g_branch(g_guid_columns_ui_extensions_branch, preferences_page_v2::guid_display, "Columns UI extensions", 0);
}