Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_openlyrics (not my release) (Read 30956 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_openlyrics (not my release)

Reply #25
Hi
beautiful component !

could be possibile skip streaming data?
for example i have a playlist with some nice radio (with radio paradise ) and the component keep downloading lyrics of songs I haven't on my computer
thanks again for the component

Reply #26
Actually the reason that I have NOT tried this component is that it never was compatible with streaming metadata;  are you saying the current version now is (the release notes do not indicate this)?  Streaming radio is 70% of my listening and I enjoy the lyrics display of the songs that for example foo_multisource has provided all along.  However an optional "on/off" for displaying this would cover both your request and mine.

Reply #27
Actually the reason that I have NOT tried this component is that it never was compatible with streaming metadata;  are you saying the current version now is (the release notes do not indicate this)?  Streaming radio is 70% of my listening and I enjoy the lyrics display of the songs that for example foo_multisource has provided all along.  However an optional "on/off" for displaying this would cover both your request and mine.
Hi
i have added radio paradise mp4 320bit and while i was listening ,foo_openlyrics downlaoded the lyrics
i have disabled to save txt form file but only tag , it should stop to download them
yes it does download lyrics with foo_multisource , and it's very quickly and fast

Reply #28
I have just tested version .10 of Open Lyrics and looking at the console it is not searching on the dynamic metadata being sent by radio streams.  Instead it attempts to treat the station as a fixed file, using the station URL, my External Tag terms, etc. and predictably fails.  The Github discussion shows the developer is aware of this and attempting to add the feature, but it is definitely not present in the current release version.

Reply #29
Another annoying bug: in a Windows 1252: Western European encoded file, when there is an ASCII character in the latter half of the character table (e. g. è or ’), that line is trimmed from that point on. It makes lyrics unusable.

Reply #32
Hello, I installed this component V1.0 but I am having it displaying "&eapos;" instead of the expected "'" char.
Do you know how to fix this problem?
Regards, Andrea

Reply #33
Hello,
up to now i could not add OpenLyrics to foobar v2.0 beta 8 64bit. The error: only x86 supported.
Regards, oldfashioned

Reply #34
Hello,
up to now i could not add OpenLyrics to foobar v2.0 beta 8 64bit. The error: only x86 supported.
Regards, oldfashioned
Read "Compatibility with old components"
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Version_2.0_Release_Notes

Reply #37
Why does Openlyrics scan for results even if the component is not active (visible)?
Can be easily confirmed using the console.

Reply #40
Foo_openlyrics 1.3 has been released with support for 64-bit, as well as other improvements:

https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics/releases/tag/v1.3

Still no support for dynamic radio stream metadata, but this feature has been earmarked by the developer for the next (1.4) release.

Reply #41
I have configured it to write tags to file. Now I use FLACs with embedded CUESHEET. When I do bulk lyrics, I think it writes the complete FLAC file on every single track it adds Lyrics for. This seems highly inefficient. So I guess when FLAC files have no decent padding area, writing to tags is rather offputting...?

The webservices are surprisingly slow, what's your experience? On real common music, starting with Genius.com, Lyric download is like 1 track in 5 seconds.

Reply #43
Today I'm using foobar2000 V2.0 beta 12 and it works fine with openlyrics V1.3
I like it!

Reply #44
You should split your files with embedded cuesheets. The only person you're inconveniencing is yourself. Why?
You're right. Reasons. But I am slowly and steadily converting my FLAC sources to single files, because there's some very specific disadvantages.

I am a bit in doubt about the search, it often finds the wrong lyrics.

Example.
Code: [Select]
Artist: IC3PEAK
Album: СКАЗКА
Track: Полчаса

Server order is "Netease", then "Genius".

It does not auto find the track on Netease. It then finds the wrong lyrics from a track called "Яд", from genius.com, but the wrong text is a mistake on Genius.

I am especially interested in the Netease results.

Why doesn't it find the track here?
X

But when I cut the track name to "Пол" it is amongst the results:
X

Why is this? I'd love to avoid as much manual search as possible.

Same is for the track "Пламя" - hard to find. It is on Netease, but I only find it there if I just search for "Пл"
Maybe some encoding issue?

Reply #45
a) Another problem. "Manual search" only operates if a track is playing and it searches for this track. I cannot use search for a non-playing track in the playlist. When I use a keyboard shortcut, artist/album/title aren't populated.
b) It did not auto remove "All Blank lines" (Artist:"Radiohead", Album: "Kid A Mnesia", Title: "If You Say The Word", Source: Netease)

Reply #46
So when I set the options to NOT auto save. When I now express my wish to manually bulk download lyrics - it does that, but it was for nothing, because it is nowhere applied. When visiting one of those tracks, it just again downloads lyrics.
IMO when I explicitely say "Search for lyrics" on multiple tracks, it should save the lyrics to the desired place (depending on the settings).

Reply #47
...made similar observation than squeller.
A lot of thing can be improve... this project is still in developpement after all.

I'm just not sure... here... is the best way to report those issues... I'm not even sure the dev is aware of this thread.

...might be worth checking out his github.

Reply #48
o/ developer here.
The webservices are surprisingly slow, what's your experience? On real common music, starting with Genius.com, Lyric download is like 1 track in 5 seconds.
Bulk search is deliberately rate-limited to avoid spamming the servers we're making requests to. The intention for bulk search is that you get it started and then leave it and it just chugs away in the background so speed is not at a goal.

Why is this? I'd love to avoid as much manual search as possible.
Me too, but the automated search is necessarily imperfect (it assumes the first result is correct and relies entirely on the ordering and search accuracy of the source being searched) and manual search exists specifically to solve this problem. Not much I can do to improve the search results of 3rd party websites.

a) Another problem. "Manual search" only operates if a track is playing and it searches for this track. I cannot use search for a non-playing track in the playlist. When I use a keyboard shortcut, artist/album/title aren't populated.
b) It did not auto remove "All Blank lines" (Artist:"Radiohead", Album: "Kid A Mnesia", Title: "If You Say The Word", Source: Netease)
These both sound like bugs. Please open an issue on github (https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics/issues)

So when I set the options to NOT auto save. When I now express my wish to manually bulk download lyrics - it does that, but it was for nothing, because it is nowhere applied. When visiting one of those tracks, it just again downloads lyrics.
IMO when I explicitely say "Search for lyrics" on multiple tracks, it should save the lyrics to the desired place (depending on the settings).
This also sounds like a bug, although I do vaguely recall something like this being intentional (although off the top of my head I'm not sure of the details and I could always be wrong). Please open an issue on github.

...made similar observation than squeller.
A lot of thing can be improve... this project is still in developpement after all.

I'm just not sure... here... is the best way to report those issues... I'm not even sure the dev is aware of this thread.

...might be worth checking out his github.
Correct. I am aware of this thread but I almost never check it. If you'd like to report a bug or request a feature, please open a ticket on github. :)

Unrelated side-note for anybody wondering: I usually publish updates on github a few days earlier than publishing them to the fb2k component registry (and by extension making them available to the fb2k auto-updater). This is to give it a little time to be used by what I assume is a smaller group of people that are more likely to report any glaring issues that I might have missed, so I can fix them quickly/before updating the component registry.

Reply #49
Thanks @D3zmodos - Re: "Bulk search is deliberately rate-limited to avoid spamming" - Good!

I created proper bug reports.

Does not find results: https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics/issues/207
Manual Search only works when playing: https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics/issues/208
Does not auto remove all blank lines: https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics/issues/209
Bulk download issue when auto save off: https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics/issues/210