Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_lnk (Read 5053 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_lnk

Hello. Foosion (which is not on this forum already 4 months) or someone other, make please:
  • adding all duplicates shell link (file .lnk) at draging in playlist;
  • adding name shell link (.lnk) (not the name of the target object) in column "file name" in playlist.
Source code foo_lnk 1.3.1 here.

Re: foo_lnk

Reply #1
Maybe Who help contribute changes in foo_lnk v1.3.1  by the requested features?

Reply #3
I'll have a go at it.

Reply #5
  • adding all duplicates shell link (file .lnk) at draging in playlist;
I don't understand the requirement. foo_lnk does no filtering.
  • adding name shell link (.lnk) (not the name of the target object) in column "file name" in playlist.
foo_lnk only resolves the *.LNK file and presents the resulting file path to foobar2000. It can not manipulate meta data.

Reply #6
I don't understand the requirement. foo_lnk does no filtering.
Foo_lnk not add all duplicates *.lnk files.
foo_lnk only resolves the *.LNK file and presents the resulting file path to foobar2000. It can not manipulate meta data.
Names *.lnk files it meta dates? You can teach foo_lnk manipulate this?

Reply #7
And can whether foo_lnk presents paths themselves *.lnk files?

Reply #8
Hi. Pqyt?

Reply #9
I don't know how to answer your question because it does not make sense.

The plugin simply translates an *.LNK to its target. Why would you want to keep a reference to the source *.LNK of a file in a playlist?

Reply #10
@pqyt

Shell Link Resolver (foo_lnk) 64bit compatible:
Where do i download this from?
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #11
I haven't found the time to package it yet.

Reply #13
@pqyt
Thanks. :)
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #14
Why would you want to keep a reference to the source *.LNK of a file in a playlist?
Hello. Apologize for absence. You about playli*.fpl?

Reply #15
Why would you want to keep a reference to the source *.LNK of a file in a playlist?
Hello pqyt. To be able and to sort *.LNK files how *.LNK files in a playlist?

Reply #16
You keep making the same requests again and again without adding anything meaningful to the posts. I can't speak for everyone, but at least to me your request makes no sense.

What good would presenting the .lnk files as links instead of the targeted audio files bring? What is the use case?
What even is the use case of using .lnk files for audio at all? Personally I only see sense with them as shortcut icons on desktop or in start menu.

Perhaps if you present a valid, sensible use case that could potentially benefit even one person, someone might spend their time to create something.

Reply #17
Imagine, if you really liked a specific song from the playlist and want to duplicate it on the disk and in the playlist in the form of *.lnk with the name filename№ (filename#). So what should we do? Need improvement/rework this plugin. I also want to just sort *.lnk files (separately).

Reply #18
Imagine, if you really liked a specific song from the playlist and want to duplicate it on the disk and in the playlist in the form of *.lnk with the name filename№ (filename#). So what should we do? Need improvement/rework this plugin. I also want to just sort *.lnk files (separately).
*.lnk files exist with the sole purpose of preventing duplicate files. Just add the file to a playlist, create a LNK file with another name and add that one to another playlist.

Reply #19
*.lnk files exist with the purpose create shortcuts/labels on target files. Pqyt you can allow foo_lnk add multiple *.lnk files on a single target file in playlist? Us read 3905 times, so I'm typing the right requests. Case, pqyt, Foosion please help me improve/refine foo_lnk and don't reduce everything to a farce.
I'll have a go at it.
Pqyt You promised to help.

Reply #20
Pqyt You promised to help.
That may work in your little corner of the world but not here: I meant "the conversion to 64-bit". You're lucky there's no 'block list" on this forum because you would have made mine.

Reply #21
Imagine, if you really liked a specific song from the playlist and want to duplicate it on the disk and in the playlist
If you like a song and want to duplicate it in a playlist, just add the same track multiple times to a playlist.

*.lnk files exist with the purpose create shortcuts/labels on target files.
The *.lnk file format is meant only to be used as a clickable shortcut link. It can kind of be abused to duplicate same track in multiple directories with foo_lnk, but that is it.

For your usage I'd recommend *.APL files, Monkey's Audio Image Link File. It's supported out-of-the-box since foobar2000 v2.0, with older foobar2000 versions one needs Monkey's Audio Decoder. It's meant for creating shortcuts to individual tracks inside album images, but works for making taggable copies of existing tracks too.
So instead of creating a shell shortcut to a file you want to duplicate, create a new text file and copy/paste the following content there:
Code: [Select]
[Monkey's Audio Image Link File]
Image File=name-of-target-file.ext
Start Block=0
Finish Block=-1
Save the file with .apl extension and you can now add the file to a playlist. It will by default show the existing tags of the file. But if you change the tags the new info will be written to the .apl file and you can do your customized copies with full tag support.

Reply #22
Case i not listing *.ape.
If you like a song and want to duplicate it in a playlist, just add the same track multiple times to a playlist.
It's tedious to do this with dozens of files. And why You not allow multiple *.lnk's to be stored in the one/same folder with target file? It's a pain/torment to create for every file *.apl file and yet through a text-based (*.txt). Please anblock this plugin on dublicats.