Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OFFENSIVE] MPC poll setup flame (Read 6005 times) previous topic - next topic

[OFFENSIVE] MPC poll setup flame

Where is the

"I know about MPC, and I don't give a damn about it."

It's a manipulating poll.

You are apparantly not allowed to know about it, without praising it.

Reply #1
"I know about MPC, and I don't give a damn about it."

It's a manipulating poll.

You are apparantly not allowed to know about it, without praising it.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that poll

Later, I read Chris' very nice and tactful "Please keep out of this thread, ok ??", then it made more sense to me. If you're not an MPC fanatic, you aren't allowed to post here (I posted anyway because I don't give a damn).

Reply #2
You can cast a null vote by viewing results without voting in favour of mpc.

(Keep in mind that when I typed this reply, I was damn tempted to be really sarcastic)

Every other case I've seen complained that he/she could not cast his/her vote anymore because they viewed results first.

Reply #3
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that poll

Later, I read Chris' very nice and tactful "Please keep out of this thread, ok ??", then it made more sense to me. If you're not an MPC fanatic, you aren't allowed to post here (I posted anyway because I don't give a damn).

Actually i was waiting for a comment from you... what would such a thread be without the ever-sceptic rjamorim letting everyone know of his doubts about MPC?  >_<

Reply #4
Actually i was waiting for a comment from you... what would such a thread be without the ever-sceptic rjamorim letting everyone know of his doubts about MPC?  >_<

Don't try to be a jerk on me, Niko. I didn't talk about MPC at all, I just complained about the way this poll was built and Christian's post.

Reply #5
You can cast a null vote by viewing results without voting in favour of mpc.

(Keep in mind that when I typed this reply, I was damn tempted to be really sarcastic)

Every other case I've seen complained that he/she could not cast his/her vote anymore because they viewed results first.

I don't know if this is still valid in this version of the forum engine, but on earlier versions you could fool the system by reading the thread while being logged off. This way, you don't need to do a null vote to see the results.

Reply #6
Don't try to be a jerk on me, Niko. I didn't talk about MPC at all, I just complained about the way this poll was built and Christian's post.

I was talking more generally. It's evident that you often post in MPC threads to inform people of your doubts about this format. And i asked you before to call me CiTay here.

Reply #7
A thread like this wouldn't be complete without Rjamorim calling somebody names either

I mean, what is so difficult about common courtesy and politeness?

I often disagree with people and sometimes do not think highly of their opinions.

That doesn't mean I have to start acting immaturely and calling them names for whatever reason.

Now, if I were the moderator, I would...

best regards,
Halcyon