Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg vorbiss portable player with speaker (Read 8927 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg vorbiss portable player with speaker

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any small ogg vorbiss hardware players with builtin speaker
All the ones i've seen only plays through headphones or external speakers.
If someone knows about such a player, please reply.
Regards,
Marc

Reply #1
Cowon J3

Reply #2
Hi,
It seams that this one is entirely touch screen based, and because i am blind and rockbox is not made for it, i can't use it.
Any other ones?
Marc

Reply #3
It seams that this one is entirely touch screen based, and because i am blind and rockbox is not made for it, i can't use it.
Any other ones?

I see, you need TTS. Your best bet is to Rockbox an iPod nano 2g and get something like this:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/e...2nd-generation/

I know it is still external, but it acts and feels like part of the player.

I have no experience with it, so YMMV.

Reply #4
Nokia E52.

Reply #5
Hi all,
as you wrote nokia e52 i went on the net to see why you said a nokia can play ogg, and i found symbian oggplay.
I have a nokia n95, and it is perfect as an ogg player, and, i have speech, but talks is not working so good with the main window in oggplay, but it is fine anyway.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Regards,
Marc

Reply #6
For Symbian, there's also FolderPlay: http://folderplay.com/.

Reply #7
Absolutely any Android, Winmo, Meego, etc device. There are some pretty awesome ones out there. Needless to say they also do a huge number of things other than just playing music, but for playing music they really can't be beat either...
Copy Restriction, Annulment, & Protection = C.R.A.P. -Supacon

Reply #8
Absolutely any Android, Winmo, Meego, etc device. There are some pretty awesome ones out there. Needless to say they also do a huge number of things other than just playing music, but for playing music they really can't be beat either...

How hard is it to work a device without real buttons if you're blind?  I'd think not easy, even if it has voice.

Reply #9
Hi,
It is not hard to use for example, an iphone as a blind user, but apple is the only company which has made devices where blind users can use a touch screen effectively I think.
There is also some screen readers for Android, but it is not so good yet that I am gonna use it.
Marc