Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't save convert stream (Read 774 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't save convert stream

Hello!

There is no saving function at the window of convert processing. There are only buttons "Pause" and "Abort".
Therefore, i can't save the convert of the stream, for example stream radio (see attached pic and txt)
Selecting these two buttons doesn't save the record to file.
Is it possible to record a stream? or is it an opportunity to improve?
I suggest add a button "Save" or "Done" in window of convert process, for to stop convert when needed and save the record.

Thanks.

Re: Can't save convert stream

Reply #1
"Abort" will save file if you enable option "Leave partial files for aborted or failed conversions" in section "Other" of Converter's settings.

But to save quality and not bloat file size it is better to record stream without re-encoding. It is not possible with fb2k's converter, but can be done with ffmpeg.

Reply #2
You can also record/save the radio stream without re-encoding by using Streamripper with the foo_run plugin, for MP3, OGG, AAC, and AAC+ streams.  See this post for how-to:

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,54079.msg953721.html#msg953721

For OPUS or FLAC streams, use what Rollin has suggested with the encoder of your choice.  WAV (your pic) is pretty brutal on space!

Reply #3
Thank You for all the helpful information!
Everything works as I needed.

fb2k is great!