Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dying gracefully - library rescan... (Read 3384 times) previous topic - next topic

dying gracefully - library rescan...

Unfortunately with 1.4.6 I've experienced more crashes than with previous versions.

For example, I've had a recent hardware USB port problem, which caused attached HDs to disconnect/reconnect randomly - terrible behavior and clearly not FB generated. Other crashes seem to be exclusively limited to scripting additions in my theme.

Every time FB crashes or experienced such a USB failure, it entirely "loses?" the library and requires a media library rescan.

I have a large library that **takes literally hours** to scan, during which time the library is not fully available and performance is terrible.

It would be great to have some sort of progress indicator on library scans, but otherwise, is there anything to mitigate this issue?

Re: dying gracefully - library rescan...

Reply #1
You can - in right click options for the folder - tell fb2k not to monitor the folder for changes. Then it will pretend that nothing happened when the folder disappears. You will only have to hit rescan when the contents change, but it will be reasonably quick compared to scanning from scratch.

Also, please clarify about the crashes you get, perhaps they can be helped. Are you automatically submitting crash reports?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.