Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I Convert To Mono As I Rip? (Read 1730 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I Convert To Mono As I Rip?

I recently bought a few "Hits of the 60's" CDs and want to rip them, ideally to Vorbis. However, quite a number of the songs are in stereo. Unfortunately it's the sort of stereo where you get the band in one channel and the vocals in the middle or the band in one channel and the vocals in the other.

I want to rip them in mono patly beacuse I don't like that sort of crude stereo but also because singles were always mono in the 60's so that's how I remember them. I know I could rip them as WAVs and "mono" them in an audio editor but I was wondering if I could "mono" them as I rip them. Vorbis is my preferred encoder but I'd be happy to use anything that can accomplish the task

Can I Convert To Mono As I Rip?

Reply #1
What are you ripping with?

If you use EAC, simply add --downmix to your oggenc.exe paramters...
lame -V 0