Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does it make a difference what you name the embedded artwork? (Read 1518 times) previous topic - next topic

Does it make a difference what you name the embedded artwork?

I wouldn't think it would.  Folder.jpg versus cover.jpg, versus "the_album_name.jpg"

Thanks,

Marc

Reply #1
No, it doesn't matter, as long as it matches one of the patterns specified in the Preferences under Display->Album art, the default being:
front.jpg
cover.jpg
%filename%.jpg
%album%.jpg
folder.jpg

Reply #2
If it's embedded?

Reply #3
I don't think you can give a filename to embedded art, since it's part of the audio file

Reply #4
That's why I thought the name of the art you embedded could be anything.

Reply #5
I don't think it matters.  Actually folder.jpg is used for NON-embedded artwork, that is a hidden file in some media folders.  And you can embed PNG files too.  Maybe even GIF's and BMP's too.  I forget.  But I know PNG's work for sure.
opinion is not fact