Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_cad x64 by poiru (Read 1528 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_cad x64 by poiru

An updated build of poiru's foo_cad component is now available.

Change log:
- Includes x64 release
- Fixed issues with status and track change/refresh

foo_cad v1.0.3.1

Requirements:

- RainMeter installation
- NowPlaying skins

Re: foo_cad x64 by poiru

Reply #1
Hi.
I would like to have only Enable/Disable.
When I start CD Art Display, nothing happens.
Track info is not displayed.
Play/Pause, Stop, Next etc.. Not working.

CDA Option:
-CD Art Display menu > Options > Select Player: foobar2000 > Player location: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe
 (Standard installation 64bit)
--Start player when CD Art Display is started

foobar2000 v2.1 preview 2023-08-11 64-bit
CD Art Display 3.0.1600
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #2
Hi ,

Can not be of much help with CD Art Display, not sure if I want to install it yet.
I've made a portable installation of RainMeter, and downloaded and installed some NowPlaying skins.
AFAIK, foo_cad stays pretty much dead until an interaction with RainMeter's NowPlaying is detected.
But will check the possibility to add an on/off switch after further testing.

Reply #3
Component Name: CD Art Display

I think the Component Name is wrong.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Re: Foo_CAD_Plus plugin

Reply #4
@dayuyu: Thanks for taking the time to try compiling it. foobar x64 won't even install it for me, says unsupported format or corrupted file.

Sorry for posting before trying myself, but tbh, I really am clueless as to how to even begin! I downloaded the plugin source, foobar SDK and VS Code x64, not even sure that was the right editor to use? I haven't even figured out how to compile yet!!! No idea where to even start! lol

I can do some basic programming, very basic, but I've never tried anything like this before, so it's a steep learning curve. Maybe best I leave it alone and just wait, patience isn't my strong point! :-[

Thank you again for your attempt, much appreciated.

EDIT: Just unpacked the zip and it works fine. I thought you could install without unpacking. Thank you so much for the update!!!!!
foobar2000  x64

Reply #5
Component Name: CD Art Display

I think the Component Name is wrong.

CAD NowPlaying (foo_cad_nowplaying) may be good vs excellent  :)

Do you have something already in mind?

About CD Art Display 3.0.1600 not responding, tbh it is the first time I heard of it.
The domain's for sale, the forum is gone, it was last released for Windows 7 in 2013.
It looks to me like an EOL app and 'CAD' sort of a de facto protocol left behind.
Can´t tell if any Windows 10 player work in tandem with it, or if foo_cad_plus does.
I don´t have a clue  :-X  

@sl23
You are welcome, hope you get that foo_cad_plus update soon!

About this x64 update, I believe there are refresh issues with the shuffle and repeat states.
Would you share a screenshot showing your RainMeter Player in action?

Reply #6
Thank you again for updating this!
It's the least I can do to share a screenshot...  ;D

foobar2000  x64

Reply #7
a boombox!  8)

Thanks!

Reply #8
foo_cad_plus-2.0.0
https://github.com/RangerCD/foo-cad-plus/releases

Reply #9
Abso-feckin-lutely brilliant!!! Thanks for the info! ;)
foobar2000  x64

Reply #10
Just renamed this fork to CAD NowPlaying (foo_cad_nowplaying)

Change log:
- Fix fb2k artwork paths.

Flat Music Player skin sample:

X