Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with ID3V2 tags, please, for a complete novice (Read 2429 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with ID3V2 tags, please, for a complete novice

I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing and would very much appreciate some advice.

I've been trying to use an application called Album Cover Art Downloader to locate and download album covers which will then show up in Foobar.

It seems to work quite successfully for some but for others it tells me that it cannot process tracks with an ID3v2 tag with version 2.2.0 (it seems to require 2.3.0).

Is this something I can do anything about?

Reply #1
Easy way is download something like mp3tag then resave the tags in the files and it'll update them to a later ID3V2 tag version

Reply #2
brilliant, thanks for this ... as I say, this is a new world for me but I'm learning!

Easy way is download something like mp3tag then resave the tags in the files and it'll update them to a later ID3V2 tag version