Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 148252 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #225
I have a request that should make foobar2000 a little lighter on resources.

I've noticed that when playing an album, foobar re-loads external album art (folder.jpg) each time it moves onto the next track.  As I stream music from a server and have large artwork, this means the albumart viewer goes blank for a couple of seconds between each track.

Could you implement a check to see if the album art source remains the same between tracks, and prevent reloading if it is?

Thank you for the best audio player in the world!     

Reply #226
A different tab color (or something) for selected (active\inactive) playlists - (now it looks pretty the same (at least with high contrast windows theme)

see how Default \ Library selected look exactly the same

Reply #227
For Android, it would be really nice to have the lengths of playlists displayed.

Reply #228
In my DUI layouts I use a Properties pane where I want to display: Metadata, Replaygain and Playback statistics.
In version 1.5 the Properties tab Details (dialog) shows Playback statistics with a separate heading. In the Properties pane, however, it is part of "Other" which also contains some specific information I don't need to see there (mainly about mp3 e.g. <MP3_STEREO_MODE>).

My request is to separate the Playback statistics from the Other properties in a DUI pane (or is it called panel?).
An other way to get rid of the Other information there between <> would also do.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #229
Is there any plans to remove FreeDB tagger from Foobar2000? FreeDB is dead since March 31st of 2020.

PS. http://www.freedb.org/

Converter Settings: remove failed files

Reply #230
Hi,

Can we have an additional option to REMOVE files, which failed the converting process?

Say, the user has converted a lot of flacs/m4a/ape/... to mp3 and some files had problems because of a "corrupted" Flac-stream or whatever reason.

Users then read the "error box" and know why they failed, but the user needs to delete those (mostly) broken files manually, which is a lot of work, when converting, say, 1500 files from different folders.

Removing those failed files would help the users to not keep borked files on their harddrives.

In addition, those (removed) files would not pop up again when the converter is started again, because of the greatly improved new converter option to show already converted files and let the user chose to re-convert or ignore them on the next run.

In short,
when I am in a hurry and convert 1500 files to mp3, where, say, 10 failed for whatever reason, I don't want to keep those broken files *and* I don't want to delete those broken files by hand (from 10 different folders and sub-sub-sub-folders)

cheers!

Reply #231
fuffi,
There's an option "leave partial files...." under "Other" in the converter configuration, although I thought the default was for fb2k to delete them. Maybe it was when the option was introduced. I probably start with an existing converter preset and modify it to create a new one, but anyway.....

You need to check/uncheck that option for each converter preset you've created and update/resave the presets as you go. I'm not sure why it's not a global option.

Is that what you meant? The broken files you don't want to delete manually...are you referring to the output files or the source files as well?
Actually... automatically deleting the source files would probably ba a bad idea now I think about it. There's reasons an encode can fail other than the source file being corrupt.

Reply #232
Please make %path_sort% and album list view "by folder structure" sort files/folders as windows explorer does - files after folders. I believe this is long awaited feature:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=68266.0
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=80480.0
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=91480.0
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=106299.0

Autoplaylist Properties box - Resize ability for the Y size.

Reply #233
Autoplaylist Properties box - Resize ability for the Y size.

It's small for long queries.

Code: [Select]
(%comment% HAS A OR %comment% HAS B) AND NOT %comment% HAS ALL AND NOT %comment% HAS 11 AND NOT %comment% HAS 12 AND NOT %comment% HAS 0 AND %genre% HAS / AND %length% LESS "15:00"

This is all there is to see. It leaves things hard to edit. So if this dialog could be resized on the Y-size and that size remembered that would leave editing long queries a little less painful.

Autoplaylist Properties box - Add a checkbox to live update

Reply #234
Autoplaylist Properties box - Add a checkbox to live update

If there was a checkbox to update the auto playlist will it's been edited that would be great.

$regexp function

Reply #235
$regexp function as per my very old thread here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=114526.0

$regexp(x,expr,replace,case)

Replaces the pattern specified by the regular expression expr in the string x by replace.

The fourth optional parameter enables ignore case (1) or disables the ignore case setting (0). Please note that you have to escape comma and other special characters in expr.

This would be similar to how mp3tag behaves and would leave translating any regular expression written for that all the more easier.

Reply #236
TOS violation #6 double post.....twice. 

Reply #237
Would like to see the ability to see the contents of the Play List folder in the "Album List UI Element" so you could browse playlists like you do any other folder. Maybe under a separate view. "By Album", "By Artist", "By Folder Structure", "By Play List", etc..

Thanks,

Howard

Reply #238
Something I would like to have is, alongside the PLAY , NEXT , PREV hotkeys...

A 'SKIP ALBUM' hotkey for when you are in Shuffle (albums) order and want to skip this album via a hotkey

If this already exists I apologise !

Reply #240
Hi Peter, :)

Changing theme files (.FTH) from command line here. Could we please get an advanced preferences option or command line switch to suppress the "Choose Theme Sections To Import" pop-up box and component labels? I only save the theme files with 'Main Layout', but still the pop-up box appears needlessly - I would prefer it to just apply all sections present. It would sure make changing of themes a lot smoother.

Cheers

Reply #241
Hello,

I have a couple of suggestions for the Spectrogram visualization, which is one of the main reasons I started using foobar2000.

1. It will be great if it's possible to specify to what -dB value the minimum color corresponds.
Currently it is -80 dB which at first glance is good, but there is a problem with that when you use ReplayGain.
Most of the newer albums have gain -8 dB or even -10 dB. The visualization displays the audio after applying this gain, so things which were visible before are disappearing, especially in the higher frequencies.
If it was possible to change the minimum color to represent -90 dB then the gain could be compensated.
Another possibility is to have an option to add a constant value in dB to the calculated values, or even use the same gain to reverse the ReplayGain effect on the Spectrogram.

2. It will be great to add an option to draw a frequency axis.
I know that it's more complex to make it always readable regardless of the vertical size. Some values will need to disappear when there is not enough resolution.
For example, Audacity only shows 0k, 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k, 22k when there is no space for more values.

Cheers!

Reply #242
I'd love to see a little feature added to the converter that would allow attaching cover art that is not attached to the source file but is in the source file's folder. I have a massive library of tta+cue albums and all of them have cover.jpgs in their directories.

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates - timeline slider time display

Reply #243
When moving through a soundfile using the timeline bar, the time appears in a small box which (unfortunately) is positioned directly under the mouse pointer. Would it be possible to make this time display box appear above the timeline instead?

Reply #244
hi peter

any chance to get foo_playcount turn on/off ?

thanks

Reply #246
didn't see this all over the years ... stupid
thanks a lot anamorphic !!

Reply #247
Having this feature request, bring a nifty pattern presets manager to "Auto Fill Values" dialogue. Each pattern entered could be saved by an unique name, and revoked later from popup menu. It will resolve two things

- Long patterns could be easily distinguished by short name
- Important/complicated patterns never drop out from the history
- Simpler and straightforward invocation (see below)

Going even further, the preset could also (optionally) remember source selection (filename, clipboard or pattern), so that it could be applied directly from context menu ( Tagging > Auto Fill Values > [preset names] ). Presets without source set invoke Auto Fill Values dialogue for the selection, with it's pattern pre-filled.

This would be very useful.

Reply #248
It would be really, really nice if there was an option to change or at least invert the default color scheme.

I made this using Photoshop:

I would love Foobar even more if I could do this for real.

Reply #249
When you double click a music file on Explorer, the "Always send new files to playlist" option allows you to put that file in a different playlist, but the entire playlist is replaced with that file. I would like to see an option have new files added to the end of that playlist instead.