Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't create image + cue with certain cd's (Read 4350 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't create image + cue with certain cd's

I'm using EAC and compressing to FLAC. About 1 out of every 8 times EAC just blinks when I try to create an image with cue sheet. Single tracks works fine. Is there some trick  to get an image and cue with these CDs? (These are Classical CDs from the 80's)
Thanks
Bill

Reply #1
What do you mean by "blinks"?

Does EAC rip to WAVE, and then the encoder window blinks?

Or does EAC not even start the rip?
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Are you attempting to save the image file with a name containing any characters which Windows doesn't allow in filenames?

Reply #3
What do you mean by "blinks"?

Does EAC rip to WAVE, and then the encoder window blinks?

Or does EAC not even start the rip?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=333966"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

EAC doesn't start the rip.

Reply #4
Are you attempting to save the image file with a name containing any characters which Windows doesn't allow in filenames?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=333971"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll check. Good idea.

Reply #5
I'm asking because it happened to me before; no save dialog would appear on clicking the IMG button. I'm assuming this is what happens to you?

Reply #6
Yes, I've seen this as well.

It's a bit shoddy really - EAC should either turn the name into a filename-friendly version automatically, or tell you that the name is invalid.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #7
All it does is lead to confusion at places like this!

Is there a feature request topic for EAC by any chance?

Reply #8
Best to go to the actual EAC forums.

I've only been there briefly, but André does seem to frequent it, so any requests should get seen.

It's surprising how many EAC-related topics are on HA, when EAC has its own forum... I'm no doubt as guilty as anyone.

I guess I trust people here, and some people know of me, so I ask questions here rather than having to go elsewhere where I'm just another noob.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #9
I'm asking because it happened to me before; no save dialog would appear on clicking the IMG button. I'm assuming this is what happens to you?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334181"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That was the problem. Damned forward slashes
Thanks a million

Reply #10
Glad to help.