Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: columns-ui preset site down? (Read 3161 times) previous topic - next topic

columns-ui preset site down?

I can't seem to get onto http://foobar.nub4life.net/columns/ .... any variation of the address I try it requests a username and password.  Haven't been on the site for a while, so I don't know if this is just something recent or not.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, a quick search didn't bring any other duplicate threads up.

Reply #1
The columns ui database (which is on my server) got hacked. I will try to get it back, currently i must disable access till the security hole is fixed.
As temp solution, i have packed all strings that could be saved here:
http://foobar.nub4life.net/files/columns_ui/
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316231"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #2
sorry, thanks for the quote.  didn't look on the 86th page of the columns ui thread 

Reply #3
sorry, thanks for the quote.  didn't look on the 86th page of the columns ui thread 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316282"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm with you there, some of the bigger threads need culling or restarting as they're too unwieldy to navigate. What do mods think?

Reply #4
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316282"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm with you there, some of the bigger threads need culling or restarting as they're too unwieldy to navigate. What do mods think?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316457"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I actually talked to musicmusic about this and he said he was just happy with the way the thread was at the moment.

Also it is not as easy to split such long threads as people might think. After all where do you split, and so on. Sometimes a thread just happens to grow very large. That still doesn't mean there is no useful information at the beginning.