Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin Request (Read 5604 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin Request

If there are some people out there who want to make plugins, here´s one for you!

a plugin to display the song info in the window you are working with, for example I´d like to have the whole status of the song in the bar of
this window here, left side of the minimize button, anyone else who´d like this?

Another thing, concerning the album list and jump to time... Isn´t it possible to make these open automatically and in the same position & size as they were when you last closed foobar?

Plugin Request

Reply #1
I don't even know if that's possible (well, I don't know if it's possible to do cleanly).  It's definitely not a good idea, though.  You're not supposed to write onto other windows.  It can cause some issues.

Plugin Request

Reply #2
If there are some people out there who want to make plugins, here´s one for you!

a plugin to display the song info in the window you are working with, for example I´d like to have the whole status of the song in the bar of
this window here, left side of the minimize button, anyone else who´d like this?

Already exists, Title Bar Display.

Plugin Request

Reply #3
any way to configure that plugin? (i just need songname/album), time display is annoying. 
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Plugin Request

Reply #4
Ok.  I was apparently just completely wrong.  My bad.    (though it does flicker on my system, so I wouldn't really call it "clean")

P.S. Look in the Preferences.  Display -> Title Bar Display

Plugin Request

Reply #5
The flickering issue has more todo with what program you currently have active.  Things like any office product don't really flicker.  Programs that repaint the screen quite often (eg. mirc) flicker.  It comes down to an inerhent latency in the MS paint text commands.  I nor the guys mantaining the Winamp version have found a work around yet.  Because of this flicker, an added latency was added to make it a slower flicker.

If any programmers have a solution, both me and the winamp version guys are all ears.

Plugin Request

Reply #6
Great plugin! Nice work 

Plugin Request

Reply #7
Plugin doesn't work on Win95. (Geez, I wish they'd let me upgrade!) If it's just a matter of adding text to a titlebar, isn't that just a simple message of WM_SETTEXT? (I noticed the option to change the font and placement. What are you guys doing? LOL)
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']I wouldn't know a subtle hint if it stood on my desk in a purple dress dancing and singing, "Subtle hints are here again!"[/span]

Plugin Request

Reply #8
Doesn't work in win95?  I thought that might be a problem, should be an easy fix.

We are using the DrawText function.  WM_SETTEXT would be fine if you were the program that the window belonged to.  I'll think about that some more though.  Thanks for the idea, and the bug.

Plugin Request

Reply #9
Not to sound like a smart-a$$, but I just had my PowerBuilder application change the title of my Mozilla window via WM_SETTEXT. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a significant performance gain. And even if there is, it limits your formatting options considerably.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']I wouldn't know a subtle hint if it stood on my desk in a purple dress dancing and singing, "Subtle hints are here again!"[/span]

Plugin Request

Reply #10
Well fenterbug you don't souund like a smart-a$$, unless you work with the winapi every day you are bound to make mistakes.  I was under the understanding that WM_SETTEXT would not work, or at least for this indended application.  Like I said, I'll consider this.  The main chunk of code that does the work is already significantly improved/faster than the original code from 1998.  I have done a processing time trace on the code, and the code seems fast enough now.  Seems that the weak link is the DrawText call.

Also fenterbug (and others), I have a test version for win 9x, try this to see if it works.  I would try it but I only have NT4, W2K, and XP systems to try it on.

Plugin Request

Reply #11
I must be missing something obvious (not surprising), but I don't see any Foobar info in any titlebar. I see an exclusion list, but not an inclusion list, and I don't see an "Apply" button, only "Save". I've saved settings and restarted Foobar and closed and reopened apps. I'm using fb2k v.586 on Win95. The "Component libraries" tab claims that the DLL loads properly.

Plugin Request

Reply #12
Any changes you make in the config are instantly changed.  Save just saves it so next time you start foobar it uses those settings.  As for the windows, it displays on any current window except setup, winamp, and anything listed in the exclusion list.

I just reread the MSDN on DrawTextW and found that I missed linking some files  .  I'll recompile the 9X version tonight.  I was using DrawTextW to get unicode support, should have read the fine print though about adding the extra files when linking.

Thanks fenterbug for testing the 9x version.