Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Frequent foobar x86 startup/exit crashes - foo_multisource related (Read 156 times) previous topic - next topic

Frequent foobar x86 startup/exit crashes - foo_multisource related

@Veksho

I'm having issues with the foo_multisource 0.56 component.
My install is foobar 2.2 x86 always newest beta running foo_ui_lyrics3 0.6. Also newest c++ runtime library versions 14.40.33810.

Lately I have increasing crash errors upon exiting foobar and almost always having visual c++ runtime errors while starting foobar which mostly only runs after trying to start 4/5 times in a row. It was kind of acceptable for me because I'm always testing (maybe less stable) stuff, but now the amount of crashes were becoming unbearable.

So today I started debugging by removing one component after another to isolate the cause for this almost constant startup bug. After having removed some 20 different components including foo_ui_lyrics3 (actually the third one I removed), I removed foo_multisource and all of a sudden I did not experience exit or startup errors anymore.

I reloaded my full skin including foo_ui_lyrics and multisource and back where the exit/startup errors.
Then I removed foo_ui_lyric3 but kept multisource ... still exit/start crashes. After removing multisource no more errors.

Reloaded full skin one more including foo_ui_lyrics and multisource and back where the exit/startup errors.
Then removed multisource but kept foo_ui_lyrics3 ... no errors.

Please investigate