Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Having problems converting FLAC to mp3 (Read 6738 times) previous topic - next topic

Having problems converting FLAC to mp3

Hi- I'm new and not sure where to post this.  I am trying to get to know foobar2000 as I have heard it is an excellent proram.  I've been following a guide to help me set it up.  I got to the part where it says to go ahead and convert the FLAC.  I right-click and go to convert.  The quide I'm using says the first time I do this it shold ask where LAME.exe is.  However, it does not, so I can't tell it where it is.  It therefore converts the FLAC into... a FLAC.  I have looked all over for some place to add LAME.exe and have been unsuccessful.  Any help would be greatl appreciated.

'Ol Fleshy

Reply #1
I would add the lame.exe file to the main program folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000 - for the 64 bit version of Windows

or...

C:\Program Files\foobar2000 -- for 32 bit

Reply #2
I would add the lame.exe file to the main program folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000 - for the 64 bit version of Windows

or...

C:\Program Files\foobar2000 -- for 32 bit

The other way.

By the way, foobar2000 doesn't come in 64bit, the installation is always 32bit in "\Program Files (x86)\"

Reply #3
The 64 bit version of Windows creates a second “Program Files” folder for 32bit programs. Anything that goes into "\Program Files (x86)\" is a 32bit application. Foobar2000 is a 32bit program. Hence, its program files are located in that folder. There is no need for this second “Program Files” folder in the 32bit version of Windows. But I had no way of knowing which version the OP was using, so I listed both.

Of course, neither of this is relevant to the topic.

Reply #4
Understood your reply now, sorry working in IT and used to most clients I read your comment in a completely different way that you meant it.