Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC to mp3 conversion method recommendations! (Read 2386 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC to mp3 conversion method recommendations!

I'm looking for a way to convert my FLAC files to mp3 files using LAME. Is there a program I can get that will do it fast and easy? I usually use to -v2 preset for the mp3's...

Also, will the resulting mp3 files have the same metadata as the FLAC files did?

Sorry if these are noobish questions, I'm just so new to this!

Thanks a bunch!

Reply #1
foobar2000's converter will handle both batch conversion and tag transfer for you (with the possible exception of embedded images, but this may have been added in recent versions).

Reply #2
Would there be a way to use foobar2000 to re-embed the images then if that doesn't carry over?

Reply #3
I'm not familiar with that feature (though it is possible to embed using it), so another person here might have a better answer for you. Failing that, I generally use mp3tag for embedding.

Reply #4
Go for the best and forget the rest..

dBpoweramp

Reply #5
[foobar2000’s transferring of tags has] the possible exception of embedded images, but this may have been added in recent versions
It hasn’t (quite regrettably).