Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why are our ears so foolish? (Read 38674 times) previous topic - next topic

Why are our ears so foolish?

Reply #75
The title of this thread is extremely incorrect and presumptive, and the OP is completely inaccurate. Vision and other senses are just as much confounded by hearing and/or each other.

http://mediasite.online.ncsu.edu/online/Vi...e35f4213396db1d  at least for a while, is a talk on auditory perception. If you go to the time of about 28 minutes on for a few minutes, you'll see why. The same slide (208 of 230 for no reason I understand in the header) is true of vision, as well.

If you go to www.aes.org/sections/pnw/ppt.htm and look at "audio vs. video" you will see more on that subject, but sans talk.

JJ, if we could only get the technical quality of the recordings of your talks up to the level of the technical quality of their contents... This is especially frusttrating to me because I the same thing with far better results about once a week, using cheap equipment and in a tougher context.

Well, I do the talks. They do the recordings.
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston