Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack player for Android devices (Read 20151 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack player for Android devices

I think it is a good news for WavPack fans and lovers as myself. Google Play store is now listing a first player capable to play wavpack with bit rates up to 24/192000 (for fourth generation phones). Second generation Android phones provide good playback of Wavpack encoded up to 24/96000.
The player supports cue sheets as embedded in ISO as surrounding .wv file as embedded as vorbis/apetags comments. Track list and navigation on track list is available. The application transfer tracks info when played over Bluetooth streaming.
If it caught interest of somebody, the application name is Kamerton.

Reply #1
I think it is a good news for WavPack fans and lovers as myself. Google Play store is now listing a first player capable to play wavpack with bit rates up to 24/192000 (for fourth generation phones). Second generation Android phones provide good playback of Wavpack encoded up to 24/96000.

The Android resampler should work as well for 192k -> 44.1k 96k -> 44.1k.  What software are you using for playback?  Perhaps its buggy?  Failing that, I guess something could be wrong with your ROM.  Such high sampling rates may not be as well tested as more common ones.

Reply #2

The Android resampler should work as well for 192k -> 44.1k 96k -> 44.1k.  What software are you using for playback?  Perhaps its buggy?  Failing that, I guess something could be wrong with your ROM.  Such high sampling rates may not be as well tested as more common ones.

I do not know what is inside in details. I juts use it for a week and generally pleasant with especially considering it can play wavpacks ISO packaged. I didn't play much beyond of wavpacks. I have certain FLAC vinyl images I could listen to in a car, and quality was just fine, but remember I streamed them via Bluetooth where certain resampling happens as well. So far I started getting rid of all loosy collection, since having double or triple copies of the same thing in different formats and sample rates is terrible.

Reply #3
Wasn't 0xDEADBEEF already capable of that? I remember testing all the formats on my tablet and wv played fine.

Reply #4
Also PowerAmp

Reply #5
0xDEADBEEF should improve description in their app page, since here is no clear sign it plays iso.wv
Last time I tried PowerAmp, it did play just standalone wv, so thank for pointing that they improved it and included iso packaged as well.

Reply #6
jetAudio, Neutron, and Rocket Player also play wavpack.
I've been able to play files encoded at up to 800kbps.
Haven't tried lossless yet.

Reply #7
Don't forget about rockbox, though it's not available through google play.

Reply #8
Testes lossless WV with jetAudio Plus, no probs at all.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #10
Testes lossless WV with jetAudio Plus, no probs at all.
Last time I tried wavpack with jet audio the tags were not displayed. Had this been fixed?
No issues with tags on Android 4.3 with jetAudio Music Player Plus v4.0.0, but I use both APE and ID3 mind you.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #11
AIMP also support wavpack
MPC --quality 10 --tmn 20 --nmt 20 - %d || WV -miqhnb5x3 - %d