Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_rmx beta (Read 81839 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_rmx beta

Reply #175
maybe not the right place to ask but im playing around with the stand alone version and i cant find a way to control the system volume when using it.

as in, i have two multimedia keys that is supposed to control volume up and down (and a mute to), but how do i go about assigning those to volume control?

do i need to write a script or something?

i thought that by adding the system mixer plugin i should get the option to do simple volume control...

what you request currently isnt available.  this is a planned feature of the system-mixer though.  the problem is?  the required API for it is only a month old now, and other things have had much higher priorities.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #176
well there i no hurry darkain. by setting up some hotkeys in powerpro and using rmx stand alones ability to send keyboard combos i made them interact

in theory i should be able to use powerpro (and have so in the past) to manage those keys. but the internal key recognition system for powerpro do not see said multimedia keys, and the plugin that supposedly extends on it appears to be temperamental...

now, while there is a good deal of overlap between powerpro and rmx, it would be interesting to have a plugin that allowed on to interact with the other.

i tried to do so by using the "launch" function in rmx to send commandline commands to powerpro, but that didnt work for some reason. maybe if i buildt some batch scripts or similar but that would be to much work

still, the hotkeys work for now

foo_rmx beta

Reply #177
well there i no hurry darkain. by setting up some hotkeys in powerpro and using rmx stand alones ability to send keyboard combos i made them interact

in theory i should be able to use powerpro (and have so in the past) to manage those keys. but the internal key recognition system for powerpro do not see said multimedia keys, and the plugin that supposedly extends on it appears to be temperamental...

now, while there is a good deal of overlap between powerpro and rmx, it would be interesting to have a plugin that allowed on to interact with the other.

i tried to do so by using the "launch" function in rmx to send commandline commands to powerpro, but that didnt work for some reason. maybe if i buildt some batch scripts or similar but that would be to much work

still, the hotkeys work for now

1) never heard of powerpro, i'll look into it, eventually (and possibly make a plugin?)
2) come to think of it, i dont think RMX's "launch" command supports command line arguements, i'll look into this and implement it ASAP if its not already there
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #179
Darkain. First of all, thanks for the RMX program. Its very usable in my everyday life.
I suggest that you make it an option to close windows media player just like its possible to close winamp and bsplayer with one button.
I have an audigy 2 zs platinum pro. that means i have a big box outside the computer and when i touch any of its buttons and have rmx running at the same time, rmx crashes... to bad. just wanted to hear if any has the same error?

thanks again darkain.. it must be nice to help so many people

foo_rmx beta

Reply #180
Darkain. First of all, thanks for the RMX program. Its very usable in my everyday life.
I suggest that you make it an option to close windows media player just like its possible to close winamp and bsplayer with one button.
I have an audigy 2 zs platinum pro. that means i have a big box outside the computer and when i touch any of its buttons and have rmx running at the same time, rmx crashes... to bad. just wanted to hear if any has the same error?

thanks again darkain.. it must be nice to help so many people

what version/build are you using?  please attach your master.xml file.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #181
im using the 19. of january edition of both media edition and standalone edition. following is the code in the master.xml for standalone edition which crashes as well as the media edition and winamp as well when i touch the extern panel for audigy 2 platinum pro.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <plugin>
- <root name="Master" expanded="0" id="-456091386476183744">
  <info name="Identification" lib="20070119" sdk="20070119" windows="5.2.3790" platform="2" arch="x86" />
  <function name="[NONE]" id="-1443182112830393600" />
  <function name="Script Command" expanded="0" id="7037930815016912896" />
- <tree name="Scripts" expanded="0">
  <button name="Reset Scripts" />
  </tree>
- <tree name="Plugins" expanded="0">
  <bool name="App Commands" expanded="1" filename="app_commands.dll">1</bool>
  <bool name="IntelliRemote" expanded="1" filename="intelliremote.dll">1</bool>
  <bool name="Power Management" expanded="1" filename="power_management.dll">1</bool>
  </tree>
  <function name="Launch" expanded="0" id="6933527318802745344" />
- <tree name="Configuration" expanded="0">
  <bool name="Enabled">1</bool>
  <bool name="Tray Icon">1</bool>
- <bool name="Configuration Window" expanded="0">
  <int name="X">204</int>
  <int name="Y">159</int>
  <int name="Width">597</int>
  <int name="Height">400</int>
  </bool>
- <bool name="Console Window" expanded="0">
  <int name="X">0</int>
  <int name="Y">0</int>
  </bool>
  </tree>
  </root>
  </plugin>

foo_rmx beta

Reply #182
I'll be honest.  I don't have any Creative hardware anymore.  Theres not a whole lot of testing I can do.  The entirety of RMX is open source now, so if someone else wants to take a dab at it, they can.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #183

Unfortunately I do.  I have an Audigy 2 platinum ex and i have the exact same problem.

I'll be honest. I don't have any Creative hardware anymore. Theres not a whole lot of testing I can do. The entirety of RMX is open source now, so if someone else wants to take a dab at it, they can.

Disappointed to hear this. This is the main reason why I had to uninstall RM-X. Well...i'll just keep my fingers crossed then...hoping to see a fix for this.

-DudeXP

foo_rmx beta

Reply #184
Please add a plugin with the ability to use the x10 usb RF remote

foo_rmx beta

Reply #185
I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to have more functions than the basic play/pause/stop/volume up/volume down. Is there one?

Also, I can't find anywhere what the LUA scripts can do except print("????"). Anyone can help?