Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to scratch a disc? (Read 3962 times) previous topic - next topic

How to scratch a disc?

Have anyone got any idea about how to scratch a disc so:

It can be ripped by EAC but rereading a lot.
When it's read twice in secure mode it gives the same crcs.

I have tried many ways but it's either a perfect rip (q 100%) or differents Crcs for each rip.
I just wanted to measure how accurate is my drive regarding C2 errors.

Thx
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #2
THx
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #3
just give the cd one week to me 

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #4
What drive do you have? As far as I've read theres only 3 drives known to give 100% accurate C2. One is the Lite-On 52246S, another one is something weird like Cendyne, maybe a rebadged Lite-On anyway and the other a certain Toshiba model.

Sorry I can't remember much more than that

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #5
Have anyone got any idea about how to scratch a disc so:

It can be ripped by EAC but rereading a lot.
When it's read twice in secure mode it gives the same crcs.

I have tried many ways but it's either a perfect rip (q 100%) or differents Crcs for each rip.
I just wanted to measure how accurate is my drive regarding C2 errors.

Thx

Put it on the floor and "gently" use your foot to scratch it against the floor in circular movements... Worked just fine for me...

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #7
Interesting...

I guess I'll leave C2 off since I created a test disc and both had problems but C2 didn't report any..

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #8
By the way, with the DAEQuality package, there is no need to get all errors corrected. You can damage the CD until it gets unrecoverable errors.
The program just checks that the drive reports a C2 error for every difference between the reference file used to burn the CD and the rip.

How to scratch a disc?

Reply #9
I understand that.

The DAEQuality test says 99% but when ripping a scratched test cd C2 doesn't work well it says 100% quality while in No C2 it reports a read error.
Comparing the rips with the original rip (before scratching the disc) shows errors where the are pointed in No C2 mode in both waves (C2 On and C2 Off).

So I guess I'm better of not using C2 at all. I mean the point of EAC is to be certain if there were errors, so even if it's 99% corrected it doesn't give me the warm-fuzzy feeling