Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: When downloading mp4 (AAC) files, the player crashes (Read 1430 times) previous topic - next topic

When downloading mp4 (AAC) files, the player crashes

once again completely reinstall the player, the problem occurs when processing mp4 files, this is not a coincidence, 2 weeks ago I had to completely reinstall the subject

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: When downloading mp4 (AAC) files, the player crashes

Reply #1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #2
Maybe try with a clean portable install and see if you can make it crash. if you can't then it's one of your many plugins that could be causing the problem.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
It looks like foo_jscript is the cause.

Reply #4
It looks like foo_jscript is the cause.

I suggested this the last time the OP posted about it...

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=119902.0

But I was pretty much blanked...

Reply #5
I'm sorry, I'm just French and I don't know much English, I use Google translator. Indeed, removing the Java script component allowed you to launch the player, scrolled through the log, did not even understand how you determined it, thank you. I have several scripts running on this component and don't want to work on spider monkey

Reply #6
Since I maintain the component, I *might* be able to fix it but only if you can understand any of the following...

Can you answer the question about using the editor dialog from the other thread?
Can you attach the crash dump (.dmp) files.
What scripts do you use?
Does it only happen when playing certain tracks? If using scripts that fetch online info based on track metadata, it might the content of the response that isn't handled properly.

Reply #9
@snotlicker

I've attached Mrakobes dump for you.

Reply #10
Thanks for that but it seems I'm too incompetent to make use of it!  :))

I have ideas from the crash log text but I can't pursue them with someone I can't communicate with.

Reply #11
The dump file is compressed with 7zip or is there something wrong with the dump file?

Reply #13
Sorry, i did compress the dump file with 7zip since i didn't want to waste space on the HA servers.

Reply #14
I'm sure 7-zip compression is not a problem. Debugging a minidump requires you to have kept the debug symbols of the build used in the crash, @snotlicker. Load your project, you can drop the minidump in the same directory where the binary and debug symbols are and you won't need to configure anything, load the .dmp to visual studio and hit Debug with Native Only. You'll get stack trace and the debugger shows which function triggered the problem.
Without the symbols it won't work so well:

Reply #15
I didn't save the pdb so that's my fault. I tried checking out the last release from my git history and rebuilding but that didn't work. I'll make sure to keep future copies.

I have some ideas which I could pursue with someone I could converse with but I'm English and only speak English. They're apparently French with very selective English skills

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118660.msg978840#msg978840

and Russian

https://foobar2000.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=78087#p78087

Easiest fix:

Reply #16
Here's a version which might help me debug in future...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/releases/download/v2.4.2-Beta.1/foo_jscript_panel-2.4.2-Beta.1.fb2k-component

Reply #17
Thank you for your help and participation in the problem, I completely switched to the spider monkey panel and everything seems to work