Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album has incorrect audio, how can I fix this in foobar? (Read 2207 times) previous topic - next topic

Album has incorrect audio, how can I fix this in foobar?

I have an album, the tracks are in the correct order, but the corresponding audio is wrong. For example:

The tracks are tagged as:

1 A
2 B
3 C

But in reality, it plays as:

1 C
2 A
3 B

So, the tags are correct, but the audio is wrong (every track is moved up one place, essentially) . How can I fix this in foobar?

Re: Album has incorrect audio, how can I fix this in foobar?

Reply #1
What do you mean that the tags are correct?

And is it really tags or audio, and not that you have sorted them by something else?

Reply #2
So, the tags are correct, but the audio is wrong (every track is moved up one place, essentially) . How can I fix this in foobar?

More likely, the tags are wrong.

Reply #3
It's rather hard to explain, but basically, every track is moved down. For example, if you listen to track 36, you're actually listening to track 35. If you're listening to track 44, you're actually listening to track 43, etc.

And is it really tags or audio, and not that you have sorted them by something else?

No, I'm not sorting them by anything else. Every other album I have plays as it should.

Reply #4
How do you know the tags are correct?

Reply #5
Are the filenames correct?

Reply #7
I'm a bit puzzled why you think the audio is wrong but the tags are correct and not the other way around. Seems like faulty logic to me. The audio is what it is, if the title/track number is not corresponding to what it should be based on what you hear then it's the title/track number that is wrong and not the other way around.  Your file names seem to be wrong as well.
If I were to change your house address number you wouldn't go and say "hey, it's the wrong house", nope you'd say "the house has the wrong number".

Reply #8
Just fix the tags and filenames and continue living a happy audio life.

Reply #9
It's rather hard to explain, but basically, every track is moved down. For example, if you listen to track 36, you're actually listening to track 35. If you're listening to track 44, you're actually listening to track 43, etc.

Who/what says it is track 36 resp. track 35? Sure you know that the tracknumber is a tag as well?

(Notice that for some CDs, the metadata sources will disagree on what is track 1 and 2.)

Reply #10
If track numbers are tagged 1, 2, 3, [...], as opposed to 01, 02, 03, [...], there can be a problem once track 10 is encountered, depending on whether the tags and/or files are sorted as numbers or as text. If text, Track 10 will usually play after Track 1, with tracks 2 though 9 following for a ten-track album.

Your tagging/file naming can be correct to the eye, yet still fail if the software reading it doesn't sort as you expect.

Reply #11
If track numbers are tagged 1, 2, 3, [...], as opposed to 01, 02, 03, [...], there can be a problem once track 10 is encountered, depending on whether the tags and/or files are sorted as numbers or as text. If text, Track 10 will usually play after Track 1, with tracks 2 though 9 following for a ten-track album.

Your tagging/file naming can be correct to the eye, yet still fail if the software reading it doesn't sort as you expect.

His issue isn't about sorting.  You saying his tagging fiile naming can be correct isn't helping...at all. You're only adding to his confusion. Read the thread again.

Reply #12
Tracks are not being played in the proper order, so in that sense sorting is the issue. I put forth a possibility and the reason for it.

Reply #13
As I said, read the thread again. This is getting really stupid. Everyone here except you and OP seem to know it's just wrong tag titles and track numbers with the numbers and titles shifted one place. So that gets confused to a "sorting" problem with the tracks having "wrong audio". Seriously??

Reply #14
Frankly, from the original posting (what you call "faulty logic" yourself), I would not bet money on the OP being right about what is called "tags" and what is merely order of appearance in a playlist.

A suggestion that will work if it is a "well-known" album:
Install MusicBrainz Picard - which is a useful application anyway, I'd say - and let it tag based on audio fingerprint.
Then auto-rename the files.

Reply #15
That might be a possibility too. I'd expect for someone to at least know what tags are.