Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools template help (Read 16798 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools template help

Reply #25
I am sorry Korth,  have tried to do this on my own, but I just do not seem to grasp the basic principle to apply to get the desired result. Please allow me to try to explain again what I want to achieve: 

1. I want CUEtools to produce a cue file named after the album-folder. Usually, not always, the album (%year%) date precedes the album name. For example: the folder name is "2013. Album Name".

2. Using the above example, the folder name "2013. Album Name" should produce produce a cue sheet named "Folder Name" without the "2013._"

3. Is it possible to exclude any portion of a derived name in the final cue-file name, as described, and how is that achieved ? Is it by enclosing the portion to be excluded in the cue-file name, in square brackets, for e.g. [2013. ] ?

4. Where do I find to edit the applicable template to execute the foregoing ?

Thank you very much for you patience. I very thankful too, for your ongoing assistance.

Reply #26
The action 'Create CUE Sheet' is a simple tool that has no optional settings or template. A program such as Advanced Renamer can be used to batch rename files to the pattern desired.
If you're trying to create an output template for the action 'Encode', I will continue to try to help.
korth

Reply #27
The action 'Create CUE Sheet' is a simple tool that has no optional settings or template. A program such as Advanced Renamer can be used to batch rename files to the pattern desired.
If you're trying to create an output template for the action 'Encode', I will continue to try to help.

I thank you very much- you have answered my question completely.  :)

Reply #28
Hi!  I just signed up here and thought I'd tack on a template question I had.  On the first tab of "advanced settings", there is a "track format" template section.  I believe it defaults to: %tracknumber%. %title%
When an album has more than one disc, I've been changing it to: %discnumber%%tracknumber%. %title%
Is it possible to make %discnumber% conditional, so that it only appears in albums with >1 disc?
Example - I want my files to look like "201. Hey You.flac", in multiple disc albums, but no preceding disc number in single disc albums.

I was also curious whether it is possible to customize the "replacement character" used for invalid characters in filenames (\, /, :, *, etc.)  It replaces everything with a _ now.  I have taken a liking to using similar characters from the UTF-8 set such as ː instead of :, and  ̸ instead of /)

Reply #29
$ifgreater($max(%discnumber%,%totaldiscs%),1,%discnumber%,)%tracknumber%. %title%
This will add a discnumber of 1 only if totaldiscs = 2 or more and will add a discnumber of 2 or more even if totaldiscs is empty.

Character replacements would be nice.
korth

Reply #30
Thanks korth, that worked a treat! :)

Reply #31
Hi Everyone,

If indeed possible, how is CUETools set so that the individual tag track numbers contain a leading zero i.e. 01-09, whenever a single album track is being split into its components?