Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Streaming multichannel wav audio with Foobar (Read 5075 times) previous topic - next topic

Streaming multichannel wav audio with Foobar

I am streaming from PC to my Oppo Player using Foobar 2000 as UPnP server.
Oppo is used as a media server connected to Surround Amplifier by HDMI.
Flacs and wavs play fine in whatever resolution, but only is stereo.
6 ch wavs that play surround in the PC, they are downmixed to stereo in my HT.
Am I doin't something wrong in the setup?

Also, my Oppo does not display album art and file info on file tags on the TV using Foobar, while using another UPnP server it displays OK. Is there something wrong here too?

Thanks and regards.

RDC

Reply #1
I am streaming from PC to my Oppo Player using Foobar 2000 as UPnP server.
Oppo is used as a media server connected to Surround Amplifier by HDMI.
Flacs and wavs play fine in whatever resolution, but only is stereo.
6 ch wavs that play surround in the PC, they are downmixed to stereo in my HT.
Am I doin't something wrong in the setup?

Also, my Oppo does not display album art and file info on file tags on the TV using Foobar, while using another UPnP server it displays OK. Is there something wrong here too?

Thanks and regards.

RDC

Foobar is 1.11.1 beta 5 - foo_UPnp is Sep 2011 - Oppo is model 93 - HT is Sony AES 5400 - PC is Windows 7
If anybody is streaming audio files to HT  with Foobar 2000 pls check whether 6 ch wavs are playing correctly and what are the
setup options that you have activated.

Reply #2
If you'll open Preferences, then navigate down to Tools, UPnP, Server, Streaming Profiles, you'll see that there's no default profile for your device. Therefore it uses the Default profile, which specifies Stereo only. Of course, you can change that setting, or any of the other settings. Or you can add another profile for your device. Do note, however, that the only lossy format that this UPnP server supports is MP3, so you will have to stream your surround files as raw PCM, which will use an awful lot of bandwidth.