Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 141659 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #50
A feature to disable components instead of uninstalling them would do quite nice both for this purpose and in general.

"In the meantime", a minor nuissance: Component install requires restart. What about an option to "install upon next startup"?

Reply #51
Hi all !

Is there way to lock a playlist from edit/deletion ? It's so easy to erase a playlist...

Also, i know it's possible to launch Foobar and make it play the song that was playing before, but is it possible to save that state per playlist ?

Reply #52
There is always undo, even for deleting playlists, unless you quit the player before attempting to undo.

Reply #53
5. Also standardize to displaying of Internet radio links on the playlist for streams: ogg/vorbis; opus; flac
To test (for example) four different internet radio links:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)For the links same behavoir: content for %bitrate%, %samplerate%, %channels%, $meta (genre) (%codec% only for the first link) appears after start playback and disappears after stop playback. The field "General" of section "Properties/Details" is absent constantly.
6. Change behavior of the component "Playback Statistics" for streaming lings items on playlist.
To test (for example) three different links (the first two are HLS):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)first link: The elements of the part “Playback Statistics” in the “Properties/Details” section are missing.
second link: The elements of the part “Playback Statistics” (First/Last played) in the “Properties/Details” are available.
The field "Last modified" of section "Location" in “Properties/Details" is absent constantly for both links.
third link: The field "Last modified" of section "Location" in “Properties/Details" is avaliable.
Content of title field %added% isn't displayed for any internet links at playlist.

p/s
Thank you very much for the good changes for Internet radio in v1.4.1 Beta 3. :)

Reply #56
Request for new variable     %current_active_playlist_name%
Thank you.

Reply #57
1. Is it possible (plugin, etc.) to choose a output device from the drop down list without having to enter the options menu (Preferences>Playback>Output>Device)?
2. Is it possible to temporarily deactivate the plug-in without uninstalling it?

Reply #59
A $today() function to display the current date in YYYY-MM-DD format.
A $now() function to display the current date/time in YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss format.

Say I want to tag some specific songs in my main database. Songs that I've played earlier today.
Even if I've played them outside of foobar (with another player), or in another computer, etc..
So things like foo_playcount are not an option here.

If there was, say, a $today() function, I could map a key to a masstagger function to manually format a custom %played on% tag with the results of the $today() function.
Then I could select a bunch of songs and quickly tag them with that info.
That would really make my day.

Reply #60
If there was, say, a $today() function, I could map a key to a masstagger function to manually format a custom %played on% tag with the results of the $today() function.
Masstagger already has a %now% value for 'Format value from other fields'. You can wrap it with a $date(%now%) function to format as you like.

Reply #61
Masstagger already has a %now% value for 'Format value from other fields'. You can wrap it with a $date(%now%) function to format as you like.
Interesting ! Thank you very much. That's a start.
That being said, let's say I want to create a custom column in a playlist, that says "that song has been played X days ago". I guess I can't do that yet. Because I could read the custom %played on% tag for each track, but if there's no $today() or $now() function outside of the masstagger, then I can't calculate the date difference [ %now% MINUS %played on% ], right ?

Reply #62
That being said, let's say I want to create a custom column in a playlist, that says "that song has been played X days ago".

if you are using Facets, that is a statistics column: last played

Reply #63
That being said, let's say I want to create a custom column in a playlist, that says "that song has been played X days ago". I guess I can't do that yet. Because I could read the custom %played on% tag for each track, but if there's no $today() or $now() function outside of the masstagger, then I can't calculate the date difference [ %now% MINUS %played on% ], right ?
(Ah, but that was not your question, otherwise I would have continued...)

Fortunately foobar has plug-ins! :D You can use foo_dynfil (Dynamic Fields) for exactly that. It even has a handy function to save on math. ;) So for example, once installed, go File > Preferences > Media Library > Dynamic Fields. Click the green plus to make a new field -

Name: Days since played
Aggregation: Min/Avg/Max
Title formatting: $if(%last_played%,$date_diff(%last_played%))

Aesthetic note: The reason I name the field in sentence form ('Days since played') is to match the other tech info fields under Properties > Details tab or the Selection Properties panel, but use whatever name you want.

This example is using the %last_played% date from Playback Statistics, which you can swap for your custom %played_on% tag (also below). FYI, I tried before to see if Masstagger would update that %last_played% field, but no luck, so custom tag would be the way.

Then, in your playlist column you can put something like -
Code: [Select]
$if(%last_played%,$ifgreater(%_Days since played%,1,%_Days since played% days,$ifgreater(%_Days since played%,0,%_Days since played% day,today)),never)

Which would look like: 2 days, 1 day, today, never. I guess you could add years, though that would require math. (Hey if anyone else can be bothered...) :D

Cheers 8)

Reply #64
Including Waveform Minibar (mod) by Default...
 :D
@Case

Reply #65
Wish: An items function.

eg. $items(%tag%); $subitems(%tag%)

Reply #66
Search for "in the same directory as". E.g.

%tracknumber% GREATER 90 ANDSAMEDIR
to return everything with tracknumber greater than 90, and all other items in the same directory. Could be "ANDSAMEDIR(n)" to recurse to n subfolders.

Or, more generally something like $sameand(%tracknumber% GREATER 90,%directory%). Or $sameor(). Say:

$sameand(album HAS foo,genre,%artist%)
to return not only every album that has "foo", but for each hit: also everything that matches this hit's genre AND this hit's %artist%

and also:
$sameor(%album% HAS foo AND %album% HAS bar,composer,performer)
to return not only the hit, but also for each hit: also everything that matches this hit's composer OR this hit's performer.

Reply #67
Add a "disable phase invert" checkbox to the opus format convert dialog box. This is something that affected me many times (and even some big corporations like soundcloud) every time I needed to play on anything that isn't headphones: the phase invert technique ends up messing the sound at low bitrates when mixing both channels. I've been circumventing this by adding --no-phase-inv in custom, but I don't think many people that ran into this problem even know this option exists.

Reply #68
"Open Containing Folder" for .RAR .ZIP files opens the Compressed file Directory. instead of being Disabled Altogether.

Reply #69
"Album List" search takes painfully long time with big library and slow computer (mine is fanless and clocked-down). Worse is, if I want to replace a search, mark all and start typing over, it spends time executing the empty search before narrowing down - and a single-character search takes long time too. Suggestions:

* Abort the execution of a running search once a new character is entered or del is pressed.
* The "empty search" naturally shows up all the time. Cache it, so that fb2k not have to spend time collating it.
(IDK how much it takes to cache all single-printable-ASCII-character searches?)

Reply #70
In foobar2000 for iOS there are two problems:

1 - If the tags in the songs do not have the name of the album and still have the cover foobar does not show the cover when it plays, only if it also has the tag name of the album filled (photo 1).

2 - On the locked screen of the iphone you can not advance the track that is playing, there is a type "ball" that exists to control the volume, example in the photo 2 and 3 (foobar2000 x tidal).

And finally as a suggestion is to improve the features of foobar2000 for mac, how to appear the tags, album cover....and if in iOS and MacOS it was possible to play cloud music (WebDav) online and offline will be perfect. Sorry for my English! Thankful!

Reply #71
Argh ... reiterating this request for idiot-proofing improvement: Grey out "OK" until there is something entered in "Pattern".

(By the way ... comma, semicolon, field separator ... do they work optimally when filling in like this?)

Reply #74
I’ve just migrated from using VNC to fb2k as my audio streaming client because I could find all I need in it, except for one config I used to have in the previous: start up minimized (hidden).
So, I’m looking forward to it!