Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: YouTube Track Manager Discussion (Read 36678 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: YouTube Track Manager Discussion

Reply #100
Hm... I think that it might be a bug in SMP...
Nvm, see below...

Reply #101
The problem was caused by an extra new line ('\r\n') in the old `blacklist.json` (generated by foo_jscript_panel). JSON parser does not approve of such symbols :D
[EDIT]: Nvm, investigating further...
[EDIT_2]: Yup, it's a bug in SMP, will be fixed in v1.1.5.
[EDIT_3]: v1.1.5 posted. The bug was caused by incorrect parsing of files encoded in UCS-2 LE (i.e. wide char).

Reply #102
Hi there!
@WilB, thanks for your cool script!
I noticed some differences in design between the JSP and SMP versions:
1. font color (see cursor.jpg)
2. align the highlighted text vertically (see word "Affection" at cursor.jpg)
3. horizontal line color (see line.jpg)
please check it, is this how it should be? or need to lead to uniformity.

Thanks!

Reply #103
Thanks for the feedback

1) Font colour: highlighted text. This seems to effect CUI not DUI. The next version should behave the same way as JSP.
2) Text vertical alignment. I noticed this a long time ago and queried it here. Essentially there are some minor differences at the pixel level between SMP & JSP. I prefer the SMP way on my machine. Changing the vertical size of the layout by 1, 2 or a few pixels might alter the rounding.
3) Line colour. It was a design choice to tone the line intensity down a little, as I thought they were a bit bright before.

Reply #104
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 4.0.1

FIX: Nowplaying view: Artist images should now cycle correctly.
FIX: Corrected font colour of selected text (CUI).
FIX: Corrected slight inaccuracies in text vertical alignment with certain fonts. Behaviour should now be similar to the JScript panel version.
CHG: Added "Lines Embolden" to panel properties. If enabled, lines should render the same as in the JSP version, for users preferring that style.

Reply #105
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 4.1.0

NEW: Black list for images (right click > menu > image). Designed to filter out occasional unwanted LFM artist images. Black list is also used by Biography.
CHG: Updated scrollbar handling. New default button icons + auto-minimises & auto-hides by default. Behaviour & look can be set as previous on settings > display > scrollbar menu.
CHG: Various optimisations.

Reply #106
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 4.1.1

FIX: Updated due to changes at lfm.
NEW: SeekBar for image scrolling in nowplaying image view. Enable menu > options > image > seekbar. Displays if > 1 image.
FIX: Draw regressions.

Reply #107
Hi WilB,
thanks for the update! Unfortunately, it crashes in my config: Foobar 1.5 beta 2, Spider Monkey Panel 1.2.1, see attachment. Version 4.1.0 works fine.
Any hint from your side?
MojoBass

Reply #108
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 4.1.2
FIX: Issue with new image seekbar handler.

@MojoBass Thanks for the feedback. I think the issue should be fixed.

Reply #109
Works perfect, thanks, WilB!

Reply #110
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 4.1.3

NEW: Circular artist & cover images in nowplaying view (menu > options > image > circular).

NEW: Image seeker & counter options:
    - Seeker now supports clickable dots for image selection, as well as bar style. Both can be dragged.
    - Counter now optional + can be displayed on its own.
    - Settings: menu > image > seeker & counter.

CHG: Various optimisations.

FIX: Top 40 Singles Chart. Updated to work with site change.

Reply #111
New requirement: YouTube API key

YouTube Track Manager uses YouTube API Services for searching YouTube. You will now need your own YouTube API key to use the YouTube functionality in YouTube Track Manager. These are freely available. When you've obtained a key, right click YouTube Track Manager and open panel properties. Paste the key in: "ADV.API Key YouTube"

A YouTube API key can be obtained as follows:

1. Follow the instructions at https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started
2. Create a project in the Google Developers Console
3. Name the project: e.g. yt_project
4. In step 2 (obtaining authorization credentials) follow instructions for API key creation. When selecting API key type, select Browser key type. You don't need to do anything connected with OAuth
5. Ensure YouTube Data API v3 is enabled

In the absence of a valid YouTube API key, YouTube functionality won't be available (foobar2000 console will report an error)

Also note that you can also use your own last.fm API key (https://www.last.fm/api/), although this is optional. To use, paste your API key into the panel property: "ADV.API Key Last.fm". This will remove all script limits.

Reply #112
Thanks WilB, works (as always) perfect + big thanks for maintaining this great component!!

Reply #113
Many thanks for this plugin...not commented on here for years, just been enjoying FB but have to say now that I tend to use my DNLA setup and stream more, this is great. Thanks for your efforts

Reply #114
Thanks for this amazing plugin....not commented for years but this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your time and efforts

Reply #115
New requirement: YouTube API key.

Hello I have successfully installed YTM and used for approximately 20 mins. Before the YouTube services for YTM stopped working.
After checking console I got an 403 error ( quota exceeded ). Is this a normal behavior?

FYI: I created a new project just 20 mins back and used API key from that project.

Reply #116
To quote YouTube:
Projects that enable the YouTube Data API have a default quota allocation of 10,000 units per day, an amount sufficient for the overwhelming majority of our API users.
Each track search requires 100 units. Plus the the durations are needed as well, ~ 3 units per track. So there is enough capacity for ~ 97 searches per day, or ~ 6h new stuff per day. Most links are (or can) be kept. You just need to manage searching.

Quota resets at midnight Pacific Time (PT).

Reply #117
I've got the following error message whenever I've restarted my foobar "after exiting foobar during still playing some music video from Youtube.

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.3.1 (YouTube Track Manager v4.1.3 by WilB)
cur_handle is null

File: <main>
Line: 3415, Column: 55

Stack trace:
  Images/this.get_album_art_done@<main>:3415:55
  on_get_album_art_done@<main>:3752:72

It's OK when the yttm is on the backside
The error appears when the yttm is on the frontside among many UI elements.

I can still enjoy your great yttm after reloading the script. But, I'd like to know if there is any good solution for this problem.

Reply #118
You can try replacing the problematical line (3415) with the following:
Code: [Select]
if (!cur_handle || !cur_handle.Compare(handle) || image && cov.cacheHit(i_x, image_path)) return;

Reply #119
Is there a way to store all found radio tracks (e.g. search result 'iSelect Radio - 163 Tracks') directly and in total in a playlist? Selecting Options -> Save Playlists -> RadioTracks just adds the played tracks to the newly created playlist, and the playlist 'Radio' lists max 25 of the total found tracks. 
I sometimes would like to do some manual adaptions to the identified tracks.

Reply #120
Try the 'iSelect / Save Soft Playlists' option if you're using the library 'iSelect' mode. You can then play directly from the playlists. For the standard last.fm radio modes, full lists aren't created up front. It's a dynamic load and the next track is searched for on load, obtaining more data from last.fm as and when required.

Reply #121
Great, thanks!
...now I do not really understand how I have overseen the Soft Playlists option...

Reply #122
fb 1.6.4, SMP1.4.1, YTTM 1.4.3
YTTM on SMP crashes when search for similar song is done using pipe separator ('|') as necessary to separate artist and title. Omitting pipe separator is stable (however - of course - does not lead to the indended search result...).
Can anybody help here?

invalid array length

File: YouTube Track Manager.js
Line: 10, Column: 65
Stack trace:
  take@YouTube Track Manager.js:10:65
  Lfm_radio_tracks_search/this.Analyse@YouTube Track Manager.js:1153:34
  Lfm_radio_tracks_search/this.on_state_change@YouTube Track Manager.js:1056:50
  do_lfm_lib_radio_tracks_search/lfm_lib_search<@YouTube Track Manager.js:2405:81

YouTube Track Manager.js line 10:
take : (arr, ln) => {if (ln >= arr.length) return arr; else arr.length = ln > 0 ? ln : 0; return arr;},

Reply #123
Please confirm exactly where you are entering artist | title, i.e.
1) Search box near top of YTTM
2) Menu: New Radio > Search for Similar Songs
3) Shift+menu: choose > song lookup... (least likely)

Also please provide some artist | title combinations that give the error. Hopefully I'll then be able to reproduce the issue.

Reply #124
Did some more research on it:
- only talking about your option 2: New Radio -> Search for Similar Song
- for your Opion 1 (Search box near top of YTTM) no crashes appear
- Crashes can be switched on and off with the property
  " SYSTEM.Radio Range"
   If set to '0', New Radio -> Search for Similar Song (incl pipe separator) leads (on my side) to a 100% crash, if set to 1, no crash appears (100%)
  Not really sure what 'Radio Range' exactly does...
- search string does not matter as long it contains a pipe separator, for example ZZ Top | Tush

Hope you can reproduce...