Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Levels to use when recording vinyl, do I need amp before line-in, etc. (Read 17237 times) previous topic - next topic

Levels to use when recording vinyl, do I need amp before line-in, etc.

Reply #25
You disagree because you think the schematics lie?
What does this silly MS slider you refer to have to do with how the soundcard is built?

Note: as I wrote in my first post, my comments were not about gamimg or entertainment cards, which includes all built-ins. I acknowledged up front that those must be investigated on a case by case basis. If you have some software that makes that easier, I sure those stuck with such cards appreciate it.

Reply #26
You disagree because you think the schematics lie?
What does this silly MS slider you refer to have to do with how the soundcard is built?

Note: as I wrote in my first post, my comments were not about gamimg or entertainment cards, which includes all built-ins. I acknowledged up front that those must be investigated on a case by case basis. If you have some software that makes that easier, I sure those stuck with such cards appreciate it.

I disagree because I think that not everyone has the ability you do to read such schematics, or that they may not be available.  Also on the basis of my own experience from feedback from my customers who demonstrate confusion on this issue.  It's ridiculous to have to study the schematic of a sound card in order to know how to use it.

Also, how do you know where to set the slider to get unity digital gain?  If you just use the slider in the Windows Control Panel, or in most recording software, it's pure guesswork.  The correct level for USB Audio CODEC, for example, on a scale of 0 .. 100, is 3.  Who would know?  My users were all over the place with this until I provided some help in the software.
I am an independent software developer (VinylStudio) based in UK

Reply #27
System 2:

Traktor Kontrol S4 Ch C (Kontrol S4 WDM Audio) does NOT have a hardware level control
Traktor Kontrol S4 Ch D (Kontrol S4 WDM Audio) does NOT have a hardware level control

Reply #28
Interesting.  Thank you for posting.
I am an independent software developer (VinylStudio) based in UK