Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 273550 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #251
The installer will either be changed so that this option will be greyed out where it really shouldn't be used or some other other option along those lines to warn users of this behaviour.

Please only warn the user, as some ppl know how to deal with UAC and still use foobar with Enable user profile support disabled.

On a side note, if you use Vista with UAC and having problem with certain legacy program writing to protected folders, just install it in a different folder that you created. If it doesn't work at that time (due to Vista inability to virtualize it with VirtualStore folder or more like that legacy program likes to write to other protected folders too), you will have to run it in Administrator Compatibility mode. You will also have problem with programs like to write to HKLM tree in the registry.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #252
I get this crash (picture) as soon as I press some times the next-song (random) button. I already deacitvated quite some components, but had no success yet, finding the culprit.

[a href="http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zwischenablage1sy2.jpg" target="_blank"]

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #253
The installer will either be changed so that this option will be greyed out where it really shouldn't be used or some other other option along those lines to warn users of this behaviour.

Please only warn the user, as some ppl know how to deal with UAC and still use foobar with Enable user profile support disabled.

Even if the option to disable user profile support will be removed from the installer, it will still be possible to manually remove (or create) the user_profiles_enabled file so no functionality is lost.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #254
seems an easy enough question, but once i create a new UI element space (by putting in a splitter, whatever), how do i delete it?

also: how do I make it so that the album art display only shows the now playing track instead of whatever i happen to be clicking on? if people are going to be using the Album List to create playlists and such, they'll be seeing that annoying [multiple items] message pop up waaaaaaay too often.

also: how do i remove the sub-item count from the album list panel? deselecting it in the preferences doesnt seem to do anything.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #255
Some more proposals:
  • Include the properties window font into the font and colors page and make it use the system font by default. The font can already be changed in the menu that hides behind the window icon (hard to find, i changed it about a year ago and it gave me a severe headache when i tried to find the option an hour ago...). Viewed from a usability perspective, the current solution is, well, not too good...
  • Apparently, many people do not like the current buttons. What about switching to the simple white Tango media player icons (fourth line from the bottom in both sets)? They are quite neutral and fit to many visual styles.
  • Talking about matters of taste: I liked the old icon better as well (it has already been mentioned elsewhere). It's harder to recognize the logo now...
  • I already mentioned it, but got no response: What about making the playlist manager create a new playlist if a blank line is double-clicked (like on a blank area of the playlist tab bar). Sorry to mention it again, but I use the manager instead of tabs in my new config and this function would come really handy.

Thanks to all devs for your hard work!
frncle

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #256
  • Apparently, many people do not like the current buttons. What about switching to the simple white Tango media player icons (fourth line from the bottom in both sets)? They are quite neutral and fit to many visual styles.

We'll see what we can do about that in the future. Tango icons? Certainly not. Also a matter of personal taste I'd say.

• Talking about matters of taste: I liked the old icon better as well (it has already been mentioned elsewhere). It's harder to recognize the logo now...

This has already been discussed extensively in the 0.9.5 icons thread.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #257
Just posting to say a big thanks to the developers!

I'm loving the new ui configuration abilities, I prefer it by a mile to columns ui
Registered Gnu/Linux user 426057

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #258
Bug ?

The playlist switcher toolbar seems to always draw a vert scrollbar whether the list is scrollable or not.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 3
Default UI
Windows Vista

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #259
@Cosmo: weird, no such problem over here with the same configuration.

EDIT: Sorry, it does happen. I was looking at the playlist switcher element not the toolbar.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #260
how can i remove the thick borders between the fields?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #261
I have problem with new UI and specificly with the custom columns.
Those aren't working: %playback_time% and %playback_time_remaining%. They are OK in status bar.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #262
I have problem with new UI and specificly with the custom columns.
Those aren't working: %playback_time% and %playback_time_remaining%. They are OK in status bar.

Not a bug, that behaviour is intended. Playlist columns do not display that kind of dynamic playback information.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #263
In FLAC 1.2.1 changelog I found this:
Ogg FLAC format:
This is not a format change, but changed default extension for Ogg FLAC from .ogg to .oga, according to new Xiph specification (SF #1762492).

So fb2k should support Ogg FLAC files with oga extension

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #264
I have a suggestion -- you can delete playlists by middle-clicking the tab, but it deletes immediately on mousedown; for such a destructive action, I think it'd be better if it deleted on mousedown+mouseup instead (feels more natural imo and gives the user a chance to abort). Thanks for the consideration and keep up the great work.
f to c to f to c

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #265
Ah, so i have a similar suggestion:
like in firefox, foobar could handle a middle click to a free area in the playlist tabs to restore the last deleted playlist! at the moment it just make a new one (just like a double click)
just a thought

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #266
seems an easy enough question, but once i create a new UI element space (by putting in a splitter, whatever), how do i delete it?

also: how do I make it so that the album art display only shows the now playing track instead of whatever i happen to be clicking on? if people are going to be using the Album List to create playlists and such, they'll be seeing that annoying [multiple items] message pop up waaaaaaay too often.

also: how do i remove the sub-item count from the album list panel? deselecting it in the preferences doesnt seem to do anything.

any ideas? these are pretty key elements even considering the focus on usability over appearance.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #267
The first one has been answered before: cut the element you want to keep and paste it in the place of the splitter. Alternatively cut the splitter without pasting it anywhere and add something completely different.

The other two things have been on the known feature proposals list for quite some time already, i.e. it is not possible to do that at the moment.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #268
0.9.5 is amazing.

But one thing I would like to be restored from the old version : return the old volume bar setting, so it will be "log" and not "linear"

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #269
hi,

could you please include an "old playlist format" option?

coz i don't have tags in my tracks. the "File Name" option works for single files, but if i load a cuesheet, this is obviously not the way, coz all tracks on the album will have the same name. so i'd have to switch between file name and artist-title all the time

thanks in advance

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #270
0.9.5 is amazing.

Yes, amazing it is!

I just played around with my config again in order to create a more compact layout. Doing this, I realized that two or three things might facilitate gui configuration a lot:
  • Include window sizes into exported config files. Very often, clean display of column widths and album art viewer sizes depend on pixel-exact window sizes, so it might be useful to include them into the export files. if someone (like me) plans to switch between two different views, (s)he doesn't have to do the resizing all the time...
  • Closely related: I'd like to have an option to switch between two or more different configs (with different window sizes, see above). In a way, that's an evolution of the scratchbox approach..
  • Last but not least, I'd love to be able lock the window size completely. I know I can lock the width of elements seperated by splitter bars, but I can still change the window size along the splitters (Do you get what I try to say?)
That's all for today,
frncle

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #271
Closely related: I'd like to have an option to switch between two or more different configs

Use Theme files. Preferences, Default User Interface, Import/Export Theme.

If they only contain layout or color settings and are stored in the themes subfolder, they will also be listed in the Quick Setup dialog.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #272
Thanks for your quick reply!

Closely related: I'd like to have an option to switch between two or more different configs

Use Theme files. Preferences, Default User Interface, Import/Export Theme.

That's exactly what I do for the time being.

If they only contain layout or color settings and are stored in the themes subfolder, they will also be listed in the Quick Setup dialog.

Unfortunately, they contain more then this (all boxes checked). Since configs containing all the information will probably be exchanged quite often here, maybe it's worth adding a 'complete configs' window in the quick setup? Or a submenu for those, even better!

Last but not least, I'd love to be able lock the window size completely.

Lock both splitter panes of the top-level splitter.

Hmm, I've only got one left/right splitter in my layout. [My Config] [My 'Shrinked' Config] Both panes are already locked (width only), but I can still change the height. Since my two configs have different heights, I have to adjust it whenever I switch...

Enjoy your weekend,
frncle

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #273
Is it possible to process files per 'Automatically Fill Values'-pattern directly by context-menu or at least keyboard-shortcut, comparable with the masstagger-scripts ?
The 'Automatically Fill Values'-panel is nice and has some nice options, but sometimes you want to go the direct way, without click, click, click, click. At least 2 clicks and to much selection on the way IMHO.

+1  new beta is sweet (very very sweet), but i do miss being able to hit tagging scripts from the context menu.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #274
Just wanted to say thanks for the new version. This one has me switched over completely to foobar now. Just wanted to suggest two things. When you deselect the program, but foobar is still visible, the Album Art of the currently playing song disappears and it says No Selection. I think it would be nicer if the picture would just stay. Furthermore an option to remove the splitter bars once you have everything set up would be nice.