Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9b9] RFE: "intelligent" tag write prevention (Read 1332 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9b9] RFE: "intelligent" tag write prevention

Every once and a while I get a WAV file I'd like to keep as WAV. Because of this I can't write tags to these files though I would like to add the info in the foobar db. When trying to do this without enabling the "Don't update files" option I obviously get an error. This forces me to enable the option first before I can continue and change it back when I'm finished.
What about doing this automatically for files that don't have support for storing tags? foobar knows that it can't write tags to e.g. WAV files so it could write the info automatically to just the db instead of the files. It could also display a popup notifying people that it can't write the tags and providing them the option to store it in just the db (including a checkbox to take this action everytime for that specific file format).