Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_browser (Read 426993 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_browser

Reply #125
Can we have "Double-click action" and "Middle button action" exactly like in Album list panel?

tnx for your work!

foo_browser

Reply #126
Release 1.0.8
    * Selectable font

Well, very good job ! Thanks a lot !!!!

foo_browser

Reply #127
Thinking of this:

Browse playlist = %__codec%

Browser panel 1 = Genre

When I click on an item in the genre panel (but maybe in the others too), it would be useful to get one playlist for MP3 and one for wavpack each one with the its encoded files..., wouldn't it?

Maybe a checkbox in the preferences to switch it on or off.

Of course not just for codec.

Maybe also the last two panels instead of the browser playlist(s).

(I'm imagining a graphical way to set the dependancies among panels - somenthing like that MS Query structure window... or LabView wires, if you know it.
Each panel would have one input and n outputs and we could tie them with wires. The browser playlist(s) would be special panel(s) with just the input.
In this way, the same panel outputs could be wired to more than one panel input...
Maybe too much.........................................

foo_browser

Reply #128
So i'm trying to make use of the sorting options and i thought it'd be handy to ignore punctuation (like quotation marks and parentheses) in the browser list. I can't think of a reliable way to achieve that, though.

Does anybody have any ideas aside from a bunch of this kind of stuff?

$if($stricmp($left(%title%,1),$or($or($or($or(<insert every possible punctuation mark>
~

foo_browser

Reply #129
I thought it'd be handy to ignore punctuation (like quotation marks and parentheses) in the browser list.

No idea. The best would be to ask the dev' to do it ;-)

foo_browser

Reply #130
On my Artist Browser, the list is getting pretty long amd I get lazy scrolling. Is there a way I can get it to be sorted alphabetically like this with a dropdown menu inside of it?

-A
--AC Newman
--AC/DC

-B
--Beatles
--Black Sabbath

etc

I use this code to do it in AlbumList although I'm not sure how to make it with browser.
Code: [Select]
$ifgreater(1%artist%,9,#,$cut(%artist%,1))|%artist%|%album%|[[%disc%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

foo_browser

Reply #131
There's no way to do that, but you could make one panel show the first letter and then filter all the artists that begin with that letter into the next panel.
~

foo_browser

Reply #132
I figured you could do it that way. Problem is I'm a complete n00b at these scripts. Can someone show me what to put for each browser?

foo_browser

Reply #133
Feature request:

Is it possible to add support for custom colours for the selected items? Right now the browser panels have the standard blue/grey bars of Windows. Changing their colour to match the colour of ColumnsUI would be terrific. Please, have a look at the screenshot to see what I mean.

foo_browser

Reply #134
Hiding the scroll bars would be nice, too (or making them toggleable / resizeable) -- you can scroll with the mouse wheel or enter the first letter on the keyboard anyways (right?)

foo_browser

Reply #135
I figured you could do it that way. Problem is I'm a complete n00b at these scripts. Can someone show me what to put for each browser?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376930"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm doing this from memory, so i haven't tested it, but i think this should work.... In your first panel (the letters), you would just put something like this in the format field:

$upper($left(%title%,1))

The $upper() will make sure you don't get duplicated letters (e.g., separate entries for 'a' and 'A'). Take it out if you don't want it to work that way.

And then in your second panel (the artists), you'd just put your standard artist entry (you could just use %artist% if you don't want to do anything fancy).

If you have any artists that start with punctuation marks, you'll probably run into the same kind of annoyance that i did.
~

foo_browser

Reply #137
How the banana do you make the panels show at the top of the window?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377008"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Columns UI wiki.

foo_browser

Reply #138
a BUG? playback follows cursor (its unchecked in playback menu) when i switch to another playlist from any Browsers panel

foo_browser

Reply #139
Just two small feature requests.
  • Would it be possible to add a border type option (ie: sunken, grey or none)
  • And also, could you please add a non-focus selected background. I get this when I select something and then click away from the browser.

</signature>

foo_browser

Reply #140
So i'm trying to make use of the sorting options and i thought it'd be handy to ignore punctuation (like quotation marks and parentheses) in the browser list. I can't think of a reliable way to achieve that, though.

$if($stricmp($left(%title%,1),$or($or($or($or(<insert every possible punctuation mark>
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376870"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would think the $replace function might be your friend:

$replace(A,B,C)   Replaces all occurrences of string B in string A with string C.

or the $strchr

$strchr(X,Y)   Finds first occurrence of character Y in string X.

You would still have to enumerate all the punctuation characters though.

If there were a way to get the character code as a number from a character it might be easier but I didnt see any way to do that in the base title formatting documentation (i.e. the reverese of the $char() function).
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #141
placing browser at the top of foobar
hey there, i wrote a little tutorial for everyone who is having trouble getting the foo_browser component to appear at the top of the foobar screen. useful for anyone who is new to fb2k and hasn't had much experience with columns_ui.

foo_browser

Reply #142
Wonderfull... 

Request: Would it be possible to add a kind of "master searchbar" like in the Winamp MediaLibrary?

--> The search results of the searchstring should be shown in each defined panel depending on it's own filter.

Perhaps not very easy to implement... But perhaps in future realese.

foo_browser

Reply #143
Would it be possible that double clicking on an item in the album list panel triggers the browse action (iTunes mimick) ?

foo_browser

Reply #144
I got it to sort out most punctuation marks, but for some reason it won't ignore bullets (U+2022). Any idea why? :/
~

foo_browser

Reply #145
First of all: Thanks for the great plugin.
And second... my inglish is no good... sorry.

I have one little problem, i want to list the fisrt level of directories under my music folder. It goes like this:

F:\Music\_News
F:\Music\Anime
F:\Music\Classic
F:\Music\Countrie
F:\Music\Jazz
F:\Music\Movies
F:\Music\Musicals
F:\Music\Oldies
F:\Music\Otros
F:\Music\Rock & Roll
F:\Music\Rock Nacional
F:\Music\TV

The code im using:
$replace($substr(%_path%,10,12),_Ne,_News,Ani,Anime,Cla,Classic,Cou,Countrie,Jaz,Jazz,Mov,Movies,Mus,Musicals,Old,Oldies,Otr
,Otros,Roc,Rock & Roll,TV\,TV)

Works really good with the exception of "Rock & Roll" and "Rock Nacional" that gets listed under the same name.

Anyone knows a better way of doing that?
Thanks in advance.
Excuse my English

foo_browser

Reply #146
Couldn't you do this?

$left($substr(%_path%,10,$len(%_path%)),$sub($strchr($substr(%_path%,10,$len(%_path%)),'\'),1))
~

foo_browser

Reply #147
Couldn't you do this?

$left($substr(%_path%,10,$len(%_path%)),$sub($strchr($substr(%_path%,10,$len(%_path%)),'\'),1))
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377267"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a lot!!!
It works like a charm.

Really... thank you!!!
Excuse my English

foo_browser

Reply #148
Release 1.0.9 - Added a selectable double click action.

You should be able to choose any context menu command to run when you double click an item.

Don't ask for middle click, alt-double click, shift double click, control double click options... I want to keep this fairly simple... any thing that can be accessed by double clicking can also be selected from the context menu, or consider adding hotkeys if you want multiple options..

Changing the selection color requires overriding some of the functionality of the list view so I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon...
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #149
Hm, that's cool....

Does foobar not have an 'add to active play list' feature? All i can see is 'send to playlist' (which is annoying because that box pops up and then you have to select from the drop-down list).

edit:
Never mind, i think i just needed foo_utils. Awesome, thanks for adding that.
~