Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 225057 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #552
@MaFred , @gsax , this problem is caused by SMP: the latest release version (v1.2.2) contains a bug that results in a fb2k crash in some cases which prompted Peter to mark SMP as `problematic`. The bug is fixed in the nightly build (currently at v1.2.3-beta).

Reply #553
Thanks a lot. It works now. Best. g

Reply #554
@MaFred , @gsax , this problem is caused by SMP: the latest release version (v1.2.2) contains a bug that results in a fb2k crash in some cases which prompted Peter to mark SMP as `problematic`. The bug is fixed in the nightly build (currently at v1.2.3-beta).
While this bug is fixed with nightly, somehow one option seems to revert every time I restart foobar / open biography properties - it forgets the shadow setting. To be exact, it reverts "SYSTEM.Cover [Dual Mode]" to 0 whenever I try to change biography properties or turn foobar off and on again. The other shadow (for "image only") is retained.

foobar 1.5.1 / SMP v1.2.3-beta+fbfc0fd8 / Biography 1.1.3

Reply #556
Works fine now with the new nightly. Thanks!

Reply #557
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue as mjm76.  I'm running spider monkey panel 1.2.3-beta, biography 1.1.3 and foobar2000 1.5.1.  I'm wondering if this issue has to do with my foobar2k installation running on a pc with a VPN running.  Once some tasks are finished that I don't want to interrupt, I'll try turning off the vpn and see if it fixes things.

Thanks!

Reply #558
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue as mjm76. 

Possibly, but for your sake, I hope not.
My issue was related to corrupt Win ownership preventing write access for certain apps/scripts. I reinstalled Win and everything is working fine since.

Reply #559
Hi, works for me at the moment. Quick questions :

1. I know the font and size can be set through foobar prefs. However, what if I wanted a specific font and size only for the biography panel ? What would I need to change exactly ?
2. Currently in "pic+text" mode, the pic takes about 70% of the panel. How could I change it to some other value, e.g. 30% ?

Thank you.

Reply #560
1. I know the font and size can be set through foobar prefs. However, what if I wanted a specific font and size only for the biography panel ? What would I need to change exactly ?
Quickest way to adjust font size - header and body can be adjusted independently - is to mouse-over the area and use CTRL+your mouse scroll wheel

To change font
CTRL-click panel for Panel Properties and look for _Custom.Font values

2. Currently in "pic+text" mode, the pic takes about 70% of the panel. How could I change it to some other value, e.g. 30% ?

CTRL-click panel for Panel Properties, scroll down towards bottom and look for value:
SYSTEM.Layout Image Size 0-1  : 0.3 = 30%

Reply #561
Worked beautifully. This is such a great component. Thank you ! :)

Reply #562
I have installed Biography 1.1.3 and it works perfectly.
I have activated “Text Only” since I don't want the covers
But I have a problem. I don't want the covers or biographies recorded on the hard drive.
I was able to get the covers not recorded by modifying Biography.ini:

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=0
Image [Review] Auto-Fetch=0

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.

Thank You

Reply #563
Thank you for this great script and for maintaining it, it's exactly what I was looking for !

I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Code: [Select]
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)

But it didn't work, and anyway I noticed I forgot something important : to check if there was any cover present yet. And I'm not sure if there is a clean way to do that ?

Thanks !

EDIT : That's funny, I just noticed that @josemescud my request is basically the opposite than yours

Reply #564
I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)
I think you want the [COVERS: MUSIC FILES] section for album covers. The 'Image [Review] Folder' under [SAVE] is a different thing.

And I think by default it saves to track folder already. And according to Documentation.txt file it should only save if cover is missing. (Not that I've ever used it to confirm mind you)

So basically just change the first line -

[COVERS: MUSIC FILES]
Auto-Save=1
Auto-Save Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
Auto-Save File Name=cover

Cheers

Reply #565
[AUTO-FETCH]

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.
Just do the same for the two Biography lines -

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=0
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=0

Cheers

Reply #566

I started doing this :
I think you want the [COVERS: MUSIC FILES] section for album covers. The 'Image [Review] Folder' under [SAVE] is a different thing.

And I think by default it saves to track folder already. And according to Documentation.txt file it should only save if cover is missing. (Not that I've ever used it to confirm mind you)

So basically just change the first line -

[COVERS: MUSIC FILES]
Auto-Save=1
Auto-Save Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
Auto-Save File Name=cover

Cheers

Awesome, I didn't expect that feature to be included so I didn't see those config lines !
Works like a charm, no hack needed, thanks ! :)

Reply #567
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thank you. But if I do that the panel doesn't get me any information. I can do that in the image section because I have the Text Only option enabled. I mean, I don't want to take pictures.
But if I want to take my biographies by doing a web search, what I need is not to memorize them on my hard drive.
Thanks again

Reply #568
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thank you. But if I do that the panel doesn't get me any information. I can do that in the image section because I have the Text Only option enabled. I mean, I don't want to take pictures.
But if I want to take my biographies by doing a web search, what I need is not to memorize them on my hard drive.
Thanks again

If the corresponding config options don't work as you'd like, maybe you could try a workaround like setting your TMP directory as Image [Review] & Image [Album] ?

Reply #569
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thanks again

If the corresponding config options don't work as you'd like, maybe you could try a workaround like setting your TMP directory as Image [Review] & Image [Album] ?

I am Spanish and I use google translator.

I did not understand your answer. I would ask you if you can expand it.

As an interim solution, I have created a batch process to start foobar that eliminates biography and review.

Arranca_foobar.bat
echo off
echo .
echo Se van a eliminar las carpetas biography y review y luego arranca Foobar
echo .
rd "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\biography" /S /Q
rd "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\review" /S /Q

cls
C:
cd \Program Files (x86)\foobar2000
start foobar2000.exe
exit
echo on

Thanks you

Reply #570
Hi

Recently discovered this amazing script, super useful and elegant!

I'm especially happy with the ability to automatically write tags with lastfm and allmusic information.

Slight problem - I'm having trouble running the "write selected tags" command on multiple songs at once.
Most times the first run will identify only a few of songs, thereafter I need to select each song individually for it to be recognized and tagged.

I ran a test on 3 songs - It looks like the first 2 are not being recognized correctly while the 3rd is but also returns no results.
Attached screenshots.

Another related point - It would be really great if we could map a keyboard shortcut to the "write selected tags" action.

Any help / thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks

https://pasteboard.co/IWThMnp.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/IWTi4Tt.jpg

Reply #571
Hi, just wanted to say again how wonderful this script is !  :D

However, at the moment I'm only using it for displaying bios, and I'm using marc2003's Thumbs script for displaying artist pics.
The reason is in these two pics (see attached pics).

If someday @WilB could add this function to his script, I would be very grateful and happy to use only one script for all my purposes.

Thanks in advance !

Reply #572
Hi

I using foobar 1.5.2 and i have problem with artist picture. I have both Biography and JScript Panel. On this both i see only text (biography). No picture.

I read previous posts and tried solutions given by other users but nothing works. I still can't see the artist's picture.

I have account on Last.fm if is important.

What i can do more?

Reply #573
@mygen,
1. Check if images on Last.fm are available to you. If they are not available on the site, then the component will not display them.
2. Check the latest Biography 1.1.3 component version for Spider Monkey Panel
By the way, it works correctly for me now.

Reply #574
1. Not all image are available. If not why? what it depends on? I must have a premium account on Last.fm?
2. I have latest Biography and SMP.