Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1359007 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2525
Another question: is it possible not update the track title and at the same time keep the match with the discogs release (ex: in my title track i've the name and a description "(Live in......)" but this part is not in discogs release)?

Reply #2526
Probably interesting for zoomorph:
Discogs switched their new Tracks content (tracks/composition/recording relative data) on as a public beta on the main server (no idea if there is any API functionality for this yet...):
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/747050

Might be worth keeping an eye on as the plan seems to be to push this into the main discogs site functionality within the next few months ;)

Churs.
c.

Reply #2527
Another question: is it possible not update the track title and at the same time keep the match with the discogs release
You should experiment with the "Write / Update" option in the "Edit tag mappings" config window.

Also take a look here.

How i can properly write the first and last track information?
experiment with the "move up/down" and "remove" buttons in the "Match Tracks" window, as well as check the "parse hidden tracks" option in the configuration of this fine component. you'll find it in the tab "caching", which seems a little bit odd, if you not exactly know, what you're looking for :-)

Reply #2528
(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?]
please, help. enter a token in the field of a pin, press a button - the site issues "Authorization successful " a secret number, enter a token and a secret, press the test ... and an error, what am I doing wrong? I tried to create my application with the name foo_discogs, entered the key from there - again there is no authorization, the forum read, the time is synchronized

Reply #2531
Probably interesting for zoomorph:
Discogs switched their new Tracks content (tracks/composition/recording relative data) on as a public beta on the main server (no idea if there is any API functionality for this yet...):
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/747050

Might be worth keeping an eye on as the plan seems to be to push this into the main discogs site functionality within the next few months ;)

Churs.
c.
Thanks this is interesting!

Reply #2532
No worries. Looks like there's a fair bit to be build around this, albeit slowly...
Atm they're running a poll (go to a tracks page and you should have an option to ttake it) to see which direction people would like to see this taken into, i.e. connect compositions, tag sample sources, recording dates, track relative genres, etc pp. Many options & lots of work to be done on this...
c.

Reply #2533
Hello zoomorph and others around :-)

I'm trying to tag some of my files with info like "This Song is a Cover of <Artist>"
The API shows me the correct information for this release of Richard Cheese, Back In Black Tie, say, for track nr. 1: "T.N.T." -> "Other [Originally By] – AC/DC"

So, I'm trying to fetch a Credit-Role called "Other", which works ok.

Here is the formatting string:
Code: [Select]
$puts(ROLE,Other)[$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),$get(ROLE))),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))]

Is it possible to only fetch this role if it is "Other [Originally By]" and not, say "Other [Anything other]" ?

I'm trying to only get the "Originally By" information, but how?

Cheers!

Reply #2534
Hi to all!

I have one "small" :) question.

Can this plugin save artwork in separate folder or make new one if folder with name "Artwork" don't exist in folder where is some album?

Like this example:

With "Artwork" folder:

D:\Music\Jazz\John Coltrane - Blue Train (1957) [FLAC] {1991 MFSL UDCD 547}\Artwork

Without "Artwork" folder:

D:\Music\Jazz\John Coltrane - Blue Train (1957) [FLAC] {1991 MFSL UDCD 547}

I have large FLAC collection and some albums have "Artwork" folder and some of them don't have it.

Can foo_discogs make this "Artwork" folder when is downloading artwork from Discogs?

If can't, what will be path in foo_discogs for saving all artwork in "Artwork" folder if I make that folder by myself or if that folder is already there?

Now is this path (default):

$directory_path(%path%)

Thanks for all! I'm using player for years, now I have some free time and I want to setup some things if is possible.

Sorry for my English. :)

Reply #2535
Hello again dear readers,

I'm having another issue with tagging my files  for this release.

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 890301: Error parsing discs/tracks

[ESCAPE to close]

I can not find the problem, because no tracks are listed in the credits, or the notes.

Can anybody tell me, what  I need to fix in the release, please, to tag my greatly strangely sounding files ? :-)

Reply #2536
Can this plugin save artwork in separate folder or make new one if folder with name "Artwork" don't exist in folder where is some album?
Try this:
$directory_path(%path%)\Artwork\

This creates a folder "Artwork" in the folder, where the music-files are. If the folder "Artwork" exists, the fine component puts the fetched artworks into it.)
This works here. (dunno, why the darn screenshot was shrinked, but you might see something if you look close 8-) )

Reply #2537
Try this:
$directory_path(%path%)\Artwork\

This creates a folder "Artwork" in the folder, where the music-files are. If the folder "Artwork" exists, the fine component puts the fetched artworks into it.)
This works here. (dunno, why the darn screenshot was shrinked, but you might see something if you look close 8-) )

Thanks fuffi, that's it! Great!

I was using just basic staff in player but now I can remove some apps from my program files because in f2k I can do everything for my music collection.

I think I will have more questions about other options for some other plugins but I don't want to bother people every day.  :-[

Now I'm going to sleep every day after 3AM, only because I'm "playing" with foobar. So many options! :)

I'm fan of clean look and I don' want so many unnecessary things and that's why is foobar so great, you can do with him what you want (it's not like iTunes or some other players).

Now I need to setup component for preemphasis, maybe remove my old biography view plugin (I'm experimenting with JScript Panel)...maybe change color (I'm using DUI because I have some problems with changing colors in CUI) etc. but that's for other part of forum.

Thanks again for quick answer!

Reply #2538
So I just downloaded this component and I'm a bit confused. Is it supposed to only write tags for the currently playing track? Because that's what it's doing. I have to stop playback to try to get it to write tags for a selected album.

Reply #2539
So I just downloaded this component and I'm a bit confused. Is it supposed to only write tags for the currently playing track? Because that's what it's doing. I have to stop playback to try to get it to write tags for a selected album.
Try reading this: https://bitbucket.org/zoomorph/foo_discogs
I also just "found" that link accidentially, checking the component in the Installed Components Window of f2k...
But it seems worth to get a basic understanding! And it has images, too 8-)

And to answer your question: No, it is supposed to tag all files you want, but you need to configure f2k to do so (try selecting more than one song and start the component again, with those selected tracks/files..)

Reply #2540
Hi,
First, thanks a lot for this great plugin, i just found it and i'm already loving it, it's reaaaaaalllllly good.

I found 2 sort of bugs / or just annoying things that may be fixed and i just have no clue how:

1) Some albums come incorrectly named as artist name - album tittle.
The auto search starts to search for the artist and then filters the results using album name which is wrong and results with no results at all, as the artist name is incorrectly inside the album title too.
I say this is sort of a bug cause it would be kinda easy to subtract from the begging of the "album tittle" the artist name during the search, and should have little to no impact in generating results that it shouldn't.

2) Some album titles include things like "-", " ' ", " " ", and all those characters that are very often resulting in typos.
Auto removing them/ignoring them for the search, by replacing for spaces would result in a faster search too.

Another observation:
the discogs notes field could be remapped by default to comment tag.

Reply #2541
Hi,
First, thanks a lot for this great plugin, i just found it and i'm already loving it, it's reaaaaaalllllly good.

I found 2 sort of bugs / or just annoying things that may be fixed and i just have no clue how:

1) Some albums come incorrectly named as artist name - album tittle.
The auto search starts to search for the artist and then filters the results using album name which is wrong and results with no results at all, as the artist name is incorrectly inside the album title too.
I say this is sort of a bug cause it would be kinda easy to subtract from the begging of the "album tittle" the artist name during the search, and should have little to no impact in generating results that it shouldn't.

2) Some album titles include things like "-", " ' ", " " ", and all those characters that are very often resulting in typos.
Auto removing them/ignoring them for the search, by replacing for spaces would result in a faster search too.

Another observation:
the discogs notes field could be remapped by default to comment tag.
Allowing users to customize the search string as an enhancement would solve your problems.

foo_discogs chrashes foobar2000 with a discogs track formatting string

Reply #2542
hi zoomorph,

this one is crashing f2k:

I'm trying to change the "Discogs track formatting string:" (Configuration->Matching) and while just pasting the single string "%DISC_FORMAT_QUANTITY%"* into the field, and loading a release , foobar crashes.

*taken from the example inside: foo_discogs_help.html

btw: the help file states:
FORMAT    QUANTITY    string    Quality of format.
I don't know, if this is mísspelled, but it makes no sense to me)

Reply #2543
hi zoomorph,
deleting the discogs.cfg, I found out, that the default string for Configuration->Searching->Master release formatting string
is
[master] $join($append(%MASTER_RELEASE_TITLE%,%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%))
but master releases do not show up as "[master]" in the Find Release Window.

So it should be:
'['master']' $join($append(%MASTER_RELEASE_TITLE%,%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%))

Also (for the picky ones) some default strings mentioned in the documentation html file are outdated.

Reply #2544
Hello everyone,

this release has cat# set to "ESO109" as you can also see via the api.

With foo_discogs default configuration, no cat# is shown in the Find Release Window,
Although %RELEASE_SEARCH_CATNOS% is in the formatting string.
Other releases reveal their cat#.

Anybody an idea, why?
(and how to get the cat# shown)

Reply #2545
Hi,
again, I have a release, which tracknumbering seems correct to me on the discogs website, but the fine component won't tag the files accordingly.
Also, when I try to edit the release, I cannot find any non-printing chars or something that looks like a reason, the first track is shown as a separate one.

please see screenshot.

makes no sense to me, would someone be so kind and explain to me, why?

Reply #2546
Hi zoomorph,
a smalish error in the foo_discogs_help.html:
the example for $multi_wrap(A,S) is the same as for $multi_pad(A,N).
an example for $multi_pad(A,N) is missing

Reply #2547
Hi zoomorph,

another f2k-crash from your fine component.

(I deleted the foo_discogs.dll.cfg and only re-authorize for O-Auth.)

When the component writes the tags for this release, foobar2000 crashes.

It would be nice, if someone could double-check, but don't be offended by the tracktitles... 8-]

(componet version 2.13 from Feb 22 2017 and f2k 1.4b7 but also stable 1.3.x crashes)

Reply #2548
I appreciate that parse errors are catched with
(FATAL) Error: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.
but would appreciate even more to be able to proceed with the related tags being skipped with a warning.

Cheers, Adriaan.

TITLE feat. Artist

Reply #2549
I've searched the thread but failed to see any formatting for Title feat. Artist1, Artist2

I've got it to work but maybe someone has a more tested/robust one?

Thanks.

$multi_if($multi_strcmp(%<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>%,'Featuring'),%TRACK_TITLE% feat. $join(%<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>%, ),%TRACK_TITLE%)