Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 239594 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Reply #125
I am using the UPnP Media Renderer Output component, the version 1.0 Beta 15 and I consistently get the following error the first time I try to play the first track after starting foobar and after selecting the DLNA Output in Preferences/Playback/Output... The error is: "Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: launch receiver already in progress".

After I try to play again any track, there is no error anymore. So this only happens only once and immediately after I start my PC and Foobar and not anymore. Did anyone notice this?

Thank you!

That error is an error specific to Chromecast wrapped as DLNA renderer by BubbleUPnP Server. It is benign but I will see what I can so it does not trigger on first play.

Reply #126
The plugin does not seem to work nicely together with RaspberryPi + upmpdcli (http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/). I tried changing the setting from LPCM to WAV with no effect. I can only hear static on the output which means there seems to be some problem with decoding/ understanding the proper format of the data in the upmpdcli side.

Reply #127
You are probably thinking of foo_upnp?

Reply #128
You are probably thinking of foo_upnp?

No I want it to work with foo_upnp_out. It works just fine with foo_upnp but is unpractical. I prefer just to set the output device to my upnp renderer and done instead of having to struggle with the extra playlist and so on of the foo_upnp plugin.

Reply #129
But in the case of the software you linked to, it isn't doing the rendering at all. It is farming the whole connect and render process out to MPD.

E: I just tested. It works just fine, so long as you set the bit depth to 16.

Reply #130
There is a problem. Install an extension, start playback on the Yamaha CD-N500, hit the volume control (the default value was 50), the sound is switched off completely. The problem is that after the Yamaha sound is not output from any network resource or the USB. HELP ME PLEASE!
It seems to me, in some way, the volume was set to 0 and it stuck. it is impossible to return in any way.

Reply #131
Thanks for confirming Sony being fixed.

Beta 14 has been posted - fixed Linn not working regression, made Sony finite length fix applied by default.

As for choppyness, I doubt thread priority will have anything to do with it, I'll look into it.

I am also using Sony HT-XT3 as output device in foobar2000 with foo_out_upnp 1.0 beta 15 and experience several problems:
- playback stops (for FLAC 16/44.1 files) before reaching the end of the file; the relevant message that appears in the console window is:
[UPnP] forcePlay() called
[UPnP] Returned time: 00:03:20
[UPnP] Transport state: PLAYING
[UPnP] HTTP request #4 finished
[UPnP] HTTP concurrency: 0
[UPnP] Transport state: STOPPED
[UPnP] forcePlay in effect + getLatency() zero
[UPnP] Detached transport op failure: Action Stop failed

- the playback controls on the physical remote don't work
- there is a 1:2 ratio between the change in volume on the physical device and in the foobar volume control (e.g., if Sony HT-XT3 displays a volume of 8, then foobar2000 displays a volume of 16), which has a negative impact when changing the volume from foobar2000 (it is very hard to control, the volume continues to change even when I stopped working with the foobar controls).

Reply #132

Beta 14 has been posted - fixed Linn not working regression, made Sony finite length fix applied by default.

As for choppyness, I doubt thread priority will have anything to do with it, I'll look into it.

I am also using Sony HT-XT3 as output device in foobar2000 with foo_out_upnp 1.0 beta 15 and experience several problems:
- playback stops (for FLAC 16/44.1 files) before reaching the end of the file; the relevant message that appears in the console window is:

- there is a 1:2 ratio between the change in volume on the physical device and in the foobar volume control (e.g., if Sony HT-XT3 displays a volume of 8, then foobar2000 displays a volume of 16), which has a negative impact when changing the volume from foobar2000 (it is very hard to control, the volume continues to change even when I stopped working with the foobar controls).

Any answer? Thank you!

Reply #133
Thanks, it works perfectly sending my library to my Android device with MediaHouse.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #134
I do not know what this component does exactly, I mean the list is long but when installing on v1.3.10 it causes that when I want to close my F2K the software stuck on "No responding". In order to make it work I had to uninstall the complement and erase it from the folder components. With the other UPnP or whatever it works perfectly. Sorry. Regards.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #135
Hi,
I use the plugin with a Sony SRS-X88 and with Kodi on a Minix Neo-X5.

At Sony I have to set Output Data Format to 24 bit, but when I change to the Minix, I hear nothing - there I have to configure 16 bit. If I then return to the Sony, I hear nothing again - only with 24 bit.

Is it possible to save the renderer specific data format so I only have to select it?
And it is possible to do the device selection at the Foobar UI, not in the configuration? Sometimes I change the room and want to hear it there...

Thx
Stefan

Reply #136
Heya. Got a problem! I'm using this mediarenderer with my Denon amplifier. It stops working when I skip a track. Then I must restart Foobar2000 to get sound again. Can this be fixed plix?

Note: This bug was fixed in the other upnp controller - "disable gapless playback if track advance stops working". However the other upnp controller is a pain. I rather want to use this one.

Reply #137
The plugin have a strange problem together with my RaspberryPi runs Archphile with upmpdcli.
All runs fine on my RaspberryPi, including UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point 0.99.49, works good.
But using the plugin UPnP MediaRenderer Output 1.0 beta 15 the channels are reversed on my RaspberryPi.

Reply #138

In comparison, using BubbleUPNP on an Android device plays back without problems on the same output device (except for the scale in the volume change which is similar)

Reply #139
Peter

If you are still actively developing this plugin, I've got a suggestion for providing support to those (usually) older UPnP/DLNA streamers that as Digital Media Player only devices (as opposed to also being Digital Media Renderers), cannot be used by UPnP/DLNA control points and therefore won't appear as a foo_out_upnp foobar2000 output device.

It would be very useful if you could provide a dummy or unlisted UPnP player option as an output device, which when selected and play is pressed, exposes its corresponding foo_out_upnp pcm stream as a track on an appropriate foobar2000 playlist tab. Since the foo_upnp plugin can now be reliably used alongside foo_out_upnp, it would be very straight forward to use the foo_upnp's UPnP media server to allow that playlist 'track' to be selected by the DMP's (internal) controller and thus give the DMP access to foo_out_upnp's current pcm stream.

Of course the icing on the cake would be to be to expose foo_out_upnp's own UPnP media server on the network with the current pcm stream selectable on it, so no need to go through foo_upnp's media server!

I look forward to reading your thoughts on these suggestions.

John

Reply #140
Cannot get this to work on Kodi (16).
It looks like it's playing, but there is no sound from the Kodi device.

With Windows Media Player ("play to device") it works fine.

Reply #141
All of a sudden, without having changed anything, it works!

Reply #142
Peter

If you are still actively developing this plugin, I've got a suggestion for providing support to those (usually) older UPnP/DLNA streamers that as Digital Media Player only devices (as opposed to also being Digital Media Renderers), cannot be used by UPnP/DLNA control points and therefore won't appear as a foo_out_upnp foobar2000 output device.

It would be very useful if you could provide a dummy or unlisted UPnP player option as an output device, which when selected and play is pressed, exposes its corresponding foo_out_upnp pcm stream as a track on an appropriate foobar2000 playlist tab. Since the foo_upnp plugin can now be reliably used alongside foo_out_upnp, it would be very straight forward to use the foo_upnp's UPnP media server to allow that playlist 'track' to be selected by the DMP's (internal) controller and thus give the DMP access to foo_out_upnp's current pcm stream.

Of course the icing on the cake would be to be to expose foo_out_upnp's own UPnP media server on the network with the current pcm stream selectable on it, so no need to go through foo_upnp's media server!

I look forward to reading your thoughts on these suggestions.

John

Hi Cebolla,

You can already sort of do that with foo_upnp, as it exposes 'Playback Stream Capture' (PSC) via its media server.
For example, from a PS3 (not a PS4 as it neither support WAV or LPCM!) which has just DMP capability, you can browse foo_upnp and trigger playback of PSC from here. Now, foo_out_upnp could do exactly the same for these kind of devices (DMP), which is what you are asking for.

Reply #143
Hello to this forum

Reply #144
I have installed this component, but I can't get it to work (more than 2 minutes).
My device is an XBox, connected to a RJ45 LAN, not a wifi. Its DLNA works quite well with other controllers.

With this component, in foobar, it finds the Xbox in the output list, I can start playing, which is cool, but roughly 2 minutes after start, foobar keeps on reading but the sound stops and does not come back. It happens with any track, any encoding.

I've tried tweeking the buffer size, but it doesn't change anything.
Any suggestion, idea?

Reply #145
Hello,

I have replaced my Denon AVR-3311 and could successfully use both the foo_upnp and foo_upnp_out preferring the foo_out_upnp plugin.
The replacement AVR-X4300H doesn't unfortunately get detected as a an upnp target in bot plugins.

I tried 'devicespy' to obtain the uPNP characteristisc and maybe I found the 'problem'.

the X4300H has 2 uPNP detections with a nested declaration for mediarenderer. My guess this nested thing does not work for the uPNP plugins?
How can one validate the uPNP capabilities needed for the uPNP plugins? :)

Thank you for this excellent uPNP plugin!

Reply #146
The plugin have a strange problem together with my RaspberryPi runs Archphile with upmpdcli.
All runs fine on my RaspberryPi, including UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point 0.99.49, works good.
But using the plugin UPnP MediaRenderer Output 1.0 beta 15 the channels are reversed on my RaspberryPi.

I have the same problem on my microRendu.  I also get a pop every time I start a song, and when I play a song with 24-bit output selected I get white noise.

Reply #147
Hi.  I have one DLNA receiver and one Raspberry Pi connected to a different receiver in a different room.  I would like to stream whatever is playing in FB2K to either (or both) of these devices.  I would control what is playing via an Android tablet running the app Foobar Remote Controller.  Is this possible?  Is this the plugin I need to do that?

Reply #148

I have the same problem on my microRendu.  I also get a pop every time I start a song, and when I play a song with 24-bit output selected I get white noise.

I have exactly the same problem. The pop at the start is not present every time and sound about the same. With the old version the pop was there but every time a bit different. 24 bit I always had noise. You can only hear very quit parts, but louder volumes there is only noise.

Would love to see a fix for the popping problem. Is there a plugin for foobar to keep the signal on? Pregap is no solution, the pop is still there but the music is delayed.

I use Foobar2000 and a Raspberry with Moode. Dac is a VDACII via USB.

Edit: Just tried Archphile. Problem is exactly the same. The click is the same, but changes wen you select a resampler. When I resample to 176400 the pop is less loud, but still there. On a very low freq like 8000 it is a lot louder. Looks like a bit of buffer that is emptied to the audio stream.

Reply #149

I have exactly the same problem. The pop at the start is not present every time and sound about the same. With the old version the pop was there but every time a bit different. 24 bit I always had noise. You can only hear very quit parts, but louder volumes there is only noise.

Would love to see a fix for the popping problem. Is there a plugin for foobar to keep the signal on? Pregap is no solution, the pop is still there but the music is delayed.

I use Foobar2000 and a Raspberry with Moode. Dac is a VDACII via USB.

Edit: Just tried Archphile. Problem is exactly the same. The click is the same, but changes wen you select a resampler. When I resample to 176400 the pop is less loud, but still there. On a very low freq like 8000 it is a lot louder. Looks like a bit of buffer that is emptied to the audio stream.

I hope these issues are fixed because I hate HQPlayer and JRiver.