Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_volume (Read 123712 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_volume

It's right here. Requires Columns UI v0.1.2 beta 4 or newer.

Note that this component is a completely independent implementation which I assembled today. Enjoy.

Change log:
[dl][dt]1.4:[/dt][dd]
  • Updated to UI Extension API v5.0.0.
  • Removed scrollwheel hook
[/dd][dt]1.32:[/dt][dd]
  • Fixed a lame bug in the configuration dialog. Configured mixer device ID is zero for internal and 1-n, for hardware, where n is the number of hardware mixers in the system. Whoops, it was checking this range improperly, so if device == n, it reset to zero. Kind of made it guaranteed to reset if you only have one hardware mixer.
[/dd][dt]1.31:[/dt][dd]
  • Added error logging, the console should always pop up on most serious errors.
[/dd][dt]1.3:[/dt][dd]
  • Volume control catches scrollwheel messages, hopefully most of the time.
[/dd][dt]1.21:[/dt][dd]
  • Fixed a bug in the trackbar WM_MOUSEMOVE override which only happened to manifest when using the internal volume in combination with foo_osd's volume change pop-up.
[/dd][dt]1.2:[/dt][dd]
  • Internal volume is now controlled on a logarithmic scale.
  • Added annoying warning to preferences for internal mixer.
[/dd][dt]1.1:[/dt][dd]
  • Added hotkeys for volume up/down/mute, for whichever mixer you have the component configured to use. Rather redundant for internal volume, mostly useful for external mixers.
[/dd][dt]1.0:[/dt][dd]
  • Initial release.
[/dd][/dl]

foo_uie_volume

Reply #1
It's right here. Requires Columns UI v0.1.2 alpha 4 or newer.

Note that this component is a completely independent implementation which I assembled today. Enjoy.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247791"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats great, im sure alot of people will use it.

It would be even nicer with the possibility to use keyboard shortcuts.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #2
It's right here. Requires Columns UI v0.1.2 alpha 4 or newer.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247791"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats great, im sure alot of people will use it.

It would be even nicer with the possibility to use keyboard shortcuts.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247805"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Works fine with the standard foobar hotkeys for me.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #3
Uploaded v1.1.
  • Added hotkeys for volume up/down/mute, for whichever mixer you have the component configured to use. Rather redundant for internal volume, mostly useful for external mixers.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #4
Perhaps you should do two additional things:

1: Make an own thread for this component so everyone can find it easily

2: Add a warning in big red blinking letters to the configpage which says "Adjusting the internal volume can cause lag!" or something to stop people from complaining about.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #5
1: Make an own thread for this component so everyone can find it easily

2: Add a warning in big red blinking letters to the configpage which says "Adjusting the internal volume can cause lag!" or something to stop people from complaining about. [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247861"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

3: Add an option to choose between linear and exponential volume control so "half as loud" (i.e. -6dB) is at the halfway point of the slider, not just 1/16 of the slider lenght away from the right; getting the volume "just right" would be much easier that way...

np: Funkstörung - Mr Important (ft. Rob Sonic of Sonicsum) (Disconnected)
np: 4'33"

foo_uie_volume

Reply #6
Uploaded v1.2.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #7
Uploaded v1.2.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247875"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

W-H-O-A - now that was almost Just-In-Time...

np: Massive Attack - Special Cases (Luomo Remix) (Nohuume)

foo_uie_volume

Reply #8
Excuse me if I have missed something, but where do I enable it? I don't get any volume control in the main userinterface...

Have latest 1.2 volume control
Columns UI 0.1.2 alpha 4
Foobar 0.8.3

No errors reported while loading plugins. I can in preferences choose which device to control.

What have I missed?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #9
You can add/remove it like every other columns extension. Rightclick in the sidebar or menubar -> 'Toolbars' -> 'Volume control'

foo_uie_volume

Reply #10
Excuse me if I have missed something, but where do I enable it? I don't get any volume control in the main userinterface...

Have latest 1.2 volume control
Columns UI 0.1.2 alpha 4
Foobar 0.8.3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247881"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just checking - are you actually *using* the Columns UI? (Preferences/Display/User interface module) The volume control toolbar won't work with FooBar2000s normal UI.

If so, you can activate it in the toolbar context menu, it's under "Toolbars"...

np: Richard Devine - Captract (Asect Dsect)

foo_uie_volume

Reply #11
Ah, thank you. I didn't realize there were a context menu for the toolbars  I was just looking around in the config dialog box.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #12
thanks kode54 for the volume slider, very nice!
i have one problem with it though, if i set the control device to my soundcard (aureon wave) it will not remember this setting, after i start the preferences again, it's back to "Foobar 2000 internal"
Or after i press "Save All"

foo_uie_volume

Reply #13
kode54
Thanks for the volume extension!
Is it possible to use a progressbar (or something similar, like foo_dirvol) instead of the trackbar? Or there are some columns_ui extension's SDK restrictions?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #14
Kode, I've just managed to "break" my DMX 6fire using your component. All I could hear was loud noise and had to restart the device 

Perhaps this is just because of buggy drivers, but make sure that you initialize mixer interface just once and reuse it, instead of initializing/deinitializing it every time you want to change the volume...

(I'm just guessing, of course, but that was the reason for this wierd soundcard behaviour when I was writing my foo_mixer plugin.)

foo_uie_volume

Reply #15
i have one problem with it though, if i set the control device to my soundcard (aureon wave) it will not remember this setting, after i start the preferences again, it's back to "Foobar 2000 internal"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247934"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here. Anyway, thanks for this!

foo_uie_volume

Reply #16
kode54
Thanks for the volume extension!
Is it possible to use a progressbar (or something similar, like foo_dirvol) instead of the trackbar? Or there are some columns_ui extension's SDK restrictions?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A progress bar control does not ordinarily imply that it is clickable or draggable in the way that a trackbar does. (Besides, I always thought that looked silly. I may make this configurable in the future, but it will be a completely different control, as would the case for a vertical slider panel.)

Kode, I've just managed to "break" my DMX 6fire using your component. All I could hear was loud noise and had to restart the device 

Perhaps this is just because of buggy drivers, but make sure that you initialize mixer interface just once and reuse it, instead of initializing/deinitializing it every time you want to change the volume...

(I'm just guessing, of course, but that was the reason for this wierd soundcard behaviour when I was writing my foo_mixer plugin.)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247961"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The mixer device is opened from the moment you configure it until the moment you switch to another mixer device, or close the player. The only thing which does not open/close it is the configuration dialog, which enumerates properties by device ID. Would you mind seeing how [a href="http://www.codeproject.com/audio/admixer.asp]this example software[/url] behaves on your sound card?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247934"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here. Anyway, thanks for this!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247962"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The function which opens the configured mixer resets the selected device to internal if it fails to open the mixer. Perhaps I should switch to a simpler model which does not open the mixer, as is the case with one of my references. I could make it configurable, because if I don't open the mixer, you lose the "nifty" volume sliders tracking to match changes made to mixer elsewhere.

Uploaded v1.21.
  • Fixed a bug in the trackbar WM_MOUSEMOVE override which only happened to manifest when using the internal volume in combination with foo_osd's volume change pop-up.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #17
One suggestion:
Enable the scroll wheel to change the volume when the mouse is in the volume control toolbar. I'm sure everyone will love this one and it has been done on the foopilot look IIRC

foo_uie_volume

Reply #18
One suggestion:
Enable the scroll wheel to change the volume when the mouse is in the volume control toolbar. I'm sure everyone will love this one and it has been done on the foopilot look IIRC
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248610"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Done.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #19
How can you check what version your Columns UI is?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #20
How can you check what version your Columns UI is?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248712"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Under 'preferences>components'

foo_uie_volume

Reply #21
I've waiting for plugin like this. (I wondering if i could make mixer in future with some foo_looks skin in some tab. . It would be great if you put some actions to keyboard shortcuts menu to control volumes (for example Wave up/Wave down) ). Thank you for this plugin.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #22
It would be great if you put some actions to keyboard shortcuts menu to control volumes (for example Wave up/Wave down)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248772"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Already done, see [main] Components/Volume toolbar *.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #23
@kode54:
Yes i can direct your plugin with Components/Volume toolbar [up/down/mute].
But i wondering about do full mixer in foo_looks skin using plugin like this. In foo_looks only way (that i know) to get some value (and display it) is from format title from playlist (for example it could be "%volume_Wave_value%".). And set it from some action (for example: 'Components/Volume toolbar wave up'). I wont to direct all mixer values in the same time and diplay it.  But i thing one value is enouth for me. Sometimes i only need to change master volume and this i can make very handly for now with your plugin. But maybe you take this into consideration in future versions

foo_uie_volume

Reply #24
Hi, thanks a lot for this plugin! 

Just a little request: Could it be possible to have a vertical volume slide?