Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar going 64bit? (Read 21676 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar going 64bit?

Reply #25
foobar2000 for Mac is built for x86_64+arm64 already.

foobar2000 for Windows does run under CrossOver for Mac, even on M1. There may be some limitations, such as OpenGL stuff working or not, if you install such things.

Reply #26
Kode54, can you update all of your plugins for 64bit if Foobar2000 goes 64bit for Windows some day?
is it possible?

Reply #27
Certainly, I'll do that for everything I can recompile that doesn't depend on some third party code I can't recompile myself. That basically means the TAK plugin will need to be dissolved and replaced with FFmpeg, preferably by foobar itself and not a component bundling its own FFmpeg. And the TTA plugin, too, because that's closed source. And SNESAPU, because that's not just 32 bit, it's 32 bit assembly language.

Reply #28
kool ty, but the SNESAPU... does that mean you can't update the foo GameEmuPlayer to 64bit?
ooh noes... I guess were stuck with a 32bit Foobar2000... as I use these Foobar2000 components on a daily basis...
 :(  :(

Reply #29
Game Emu Player is entirely C and C++ code, so of course I can update it for 64 bit. It already exists as 64 bit in foobar2000 for Mac, 64 bit x86 and 64 bit ARM in foobar2000 Mobile for Android, 64 bit ARM in foobar2000 Mobile for iOS, and 64 bit x86 and 64 bit ARM in Cog for macOS.

The code is even endian portable, but all the above systems are little endian anyway.

Reply #30
great!, ty 64bit here we come lol  8)  ;D  :D  ;)
right.. I use Foobar2000 ANDROID mobile version often listening to video game music files
like SNES, Genesis, and PS1 and PS2 no problem...

Reply #32
hello
Is it possible foobar play 24 192 clear in windows 10 64bit?

Reply #33
fb2k plays 24bit files just fine