Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_gep (Read 2728 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_gep

I am using foobar2000 with foo_gep plugin in order to listen to nsf files. Can you guys tell me how to change the song duration on this thing, the default is 3 minutes, but some songs are shorter than that. NO, I don't wanna use another software just for that, because when I convert NSF songs with Foobar2000 it adds a silent ending to the song, and I love that allot. Instead you could tell me how to achieve that effect.

Thanks for your help!

foo_gep

Reply #1
In the preferences page for Game Emu Player, which is found under the Playback -> Input branches, you will find inputs for the default lengths for all untimed files. Or, if you enable "Write to files" and "Convert to NSFE if necessary" under the NSF group, you may tag the lengths yourself by right clicking on the files in question and finding "Edit length" under the "Tagging" sub-menu.

foo_gep

Reply #2
This thread may be as good as any to post this: The Alisia Dragoon VGM files (from project 2612) play back incorrectly, some tracks like Stage 1-2, 1-3, 2, 5-1, and 7 have a bugged FM1 channel.

foo_gep

Reply #3
And I recall testing that those tracks played back fine when I redumped them without trimming. I think it has something to do with the initial register state of the MAME YM2612 emulator and the register data which is trimmed off when the logs are prepared for release. I could try replacing the existing core with the one from Genesis Plus GX, but I think that one is practically identical.

It may be better if someone with more knowledge of the chip's operation looked at the songs that play back poorly and compared to how they play from a log started from the power on or reset states of the system and see which initial register state is necessary to make them work.

I could also look at the original Gens core, which is less accurate and has totally broken SSG envelope generation, but has a power on state that works with these rips, and see if I can replicate it with the MAME core.

Also, I need to get around to implementing a cycle accurate Sega CD PCM chip emulator for some recently released logs, as I don't think blargg is going to get around to doing that for me any time soon.

foo_gep

Reply #4
This might be a good thread to post my query, I'm trying to get a batch of about 60 NSF files to have their original lengths, is the only way to do this one by one modifying the length in the tagging? Or is there a way for songs to automatically have their original song length without loops, or a default length?