Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: oddcast:howTo Set Vol.to 0 not affecting streaming (Read 1989 times) previous topic - next topic

oddcast:howTo Set Vol.to 0 not affecting streaming

oddsock & foobar: how to set volume to 0% without affecting the streaming volume?

It' s very simple. I'm streaming using the latest foobar2000 (with volume control plugin set to "foobar internal volume control") & oddsock plugin to it.
I want to put volume to 0%, just to hear something another (whatever), without stopping streaming.
When I was using it for the first time, it worked fine: Foobar was streaming in the background and I could work with other sounds on my computer.
Then, I had to re-install Foobar. Now IT DOESN'T WORK!
When I decrease volume, plugin does the same with music that I stream.

Thanks in advance for ANY HELP!

Artur Grossman
http://ar.of.pl

Reply #1
Put the Volume control DSP after the oddcast DSP.  That should solve that.

Reply #2
[EDIT] Strange. Sure didn't see Duble0Syx reply before. Well, no need for the same answer twice. Answer deleted. [/EDIT]
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts