Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar from Windows Store Bluetooth voice commands work, normal installation not (Read 1340 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar from Windows Store Bluetooth voice commands work, normal installation not

Have a question, I control my Foobar2000 from Bluetooth device Google Home by voice, basic commands Play, Pause, Next, Stop everything work fine on Windows 7, on Windows 10 not work anymore, but only work on Foobar2000 installed from Windows Store. Why ?

How to make normal installation Foobar2000 to work also ?

Re: Foobar from Windows Store Bluetooth voice commands work, normal installation not

Reply #1
Please answer

Re: Foobar from Windows Store Bluetooth voice commands work, normal installation not

Reply #2
Keep calm and be patient, maybe developers are making some tests or simply live in different time zone than you.

Reply #3
yes and still no one answer :/

btw. I also checked and voice control also work on Microosft Groove player, and as I said with Foobar2000 installed only from Microsoft Store.
But installed from there is total useless because I do not have access to "WindowsApps" folder and I even can't put there own user-components folder.
I tried to take ownership to this WindowsApps folder, but with latest Windows 10 build 1803 it's not possible, all files are encrypted with padlock there.

So PLEASE tell me how to make traditional installation Foobar2000 on Win10 work same as on Windows 7 where voice control work via Bluetooth.

Reply #4
C'mon nobody help  :o

Reply #5
The lack of replies means people can't help you.

Everything your Google product does it does on its own.

The developer doesn't have Google Home and no tester has such devices either. I made a quick google search about the product the day you posted first and it looks like one is supposed to program some cloud products for it and try to make money that way. I didn't see any means to use it on desktop world in C++ programs, but such information could of course be hidden or I just suck at googling.

Reply #6
Thank you for reply, but this not depend on Google, Google Home device, it depend from Windows 10 only.

Foobar2000 installed from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 work corectlly and can be controlled by voice commands same like Foobar2000 installed on Windows 7.
I think apps from Microsoft Store have some kind of exlusive mode which give them all permissions. I thought you will be know more about this why this happening.